“Pleasant Surprise”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Boston, MA
“Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Stopped in here with my wife after passing by the place a few times and noticing the fresh peach shortcake sign. I can't say much about the food as I only had the peach shortcake, but the shortcake was great. Diner like atmosphere, small but comfortable. Good service.

Visited June 2013

Martinsburg, West Virginia
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Tried the scallop dish.........very skimpy, many cut in half. Fairly tasteless and unimaginative. I've had better scallops from Costco! My daughter had a sautéed lobster dish......equally pathetic. Small portions.......IN MAIN FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! This place was a total waste of time and money. But the waitress was very friendly. That's about the only good thing I can say about it. For the quantity and quality we should have paid less than half what we paid. I won't be back.

• Visited June 2013
Arlington MA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude and Disappointing”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My friend and I had read reviews from a travel book recommending Ebb Tides. I ended up trying the clam chowder and my friend ordered a fried haddock sandwich. Now I come from Massachusetts so I get that we may make it a bit different down here, but the chowder tasted like milk put on top of potatoes and a bit of clam. There was no salt or texture or anything. My friend's haddock sandwich was soggy and oily and the batter crust was falling off of the fish - it was just a mess.

To add it it, our waitress (now I had seen other waitresses interact fine with their customers) was extremely rude when I just asked for normal water. I get that I should have just asked for plain tap, but it was after my friend had ordered some other drink and I misspoke. She goes into the kitchen and yells - "she orders normal water. What the heck is normal water??" Now this is not a big restaurant so the whole place could hear this.

I don't know. I don't like to judge a restaurant completely by its service but I think this was a bit of both. Especially because I had driven up to Maine for a vacation, I just didn't expect someone to do that.

• Visited May 2013
Denver, Colorado
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had eaten breakfast here MANY years ago (over 25) and remembered it as being very good so we were excited to give it a try again. We were very disappointed. He had the blueberry pancakes (which is really what we came for) and they were thick and dense and undercooked. They charge a lot to add blueberries to the pancakes and they don't have real maple syrup available (not even for an additional fee). I had the bacon and eggs with a cinnamon roll. The eggs were standard fare, the bacon was disappointing, and the cinnamon roll was Ok but not worth the calories. Saddest of all, the iced tea I ordered came in a tiny cup and I was never offered a refill (which I assume means no free refills). It's criminal to charge so much for such a tiny cup of tea and not even give a refill. Service was fine, but there was only one other table occupied when we were there. I will not be trying Ebb Tide again despite the positive reviews.

Visited May 2013
Lakebay, Washington
“Would not choose the desserts here!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Tried the home made desserts-Coconut cream pie.
Too sweet! Would not order again!
The staff were friendly and the service was good.

• Visited April 2013