“Great local family restaurant”
Review of Ebb Tide Restaurant - CLOSED

Ebb Tide Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We ate there 4 times during our trip to Boothbay. The food and service were excellent. Our daughter is a picky eater and they went out of the way to make sure that we were happy. All of their deserts are home made and the cinnamon roll is to die for!!

1  Thank ecav

Reviewed August 7, 2011

Recommended by the employee of the candy store next door, we had a great dinner in a quiet friendly atmosphere. Banana Creme Pie was to die for!

Eat here if you don't want teh bar crowd screaming in your ear

1  Thank BigJoeSpade
Reviewed July 1, 2011

Their dinner portion size was pathetic. I paid $16.00 for fried scallops and got only 8 small scallops! This was their 'No Extra's Seafood.' Instead of getting side dishes, you just get all seafood. It was hardly an appetizer. Maybe they do a good breakfast, but do not go for dinner! I left wanting dinner!

2  Thank OnCape64
Reviewed September 14, 2010

My husband and I have been to Boothbay numerous times, usually staying for 2-3 weeks each time, so we've had a chance to try most of the restaurants in town at one time or another over the past several years. Somehow we overlooked this one, however! We were headed to another place to get some late lunch (2pm), but found it closed, so had to look around for something else. My husband spotted this place across the street and suggested we give it a look. The menu doesn't bowl you over with its specialties, or anything, but we were looking for a simple, inexpensive lunch and were attracted to the Turkey Dinner on the menu. We were seated quickly and the friendly waitress took our order as soon as we were ready. One of the things I appreciate about this place is that their "Kiddie Favorites" section is fairly extensive and anyone, of any age, is allowed to order from it, which is perfect for those of us with smaller appetites! (I've never understood why restaurants won't allow adults to order childrens' meals--totally self-serving to make you order more than you want!). The food was all fresh and tasty and we topped off the meal with a slice of homemade pecan pie a la mode, which was delicious! (And we live in the South, so we've eaten a lot of pecan pie!) We will definitely go back and, based on other reviews I've now read, will give it a try for breakfast, as well!

1  Thank Karen_Savannah
Reviewed July 11, 2010

Ebb tide is the only restaurant I know of that serves 3 square meals, 365 days a year. My favorite thing on the menu is pancakes....and breakfast is available all day long. It's a great place to take kids because they have a huge menu, and many of the items are kid friendly. My daughter has grown up on the roast turkey dinner. Cinnamon rolls are delicious if you arrive early enough. Fish chowder is excellent, and a meal all by itself. This is where the locals eat. It's been around forever, and I'm sure looks much the same as it did when it first opened. It's one of my first stops whenever I come to town.

1  Thank KJJMT