“Refreshing Lunch Stop”

Blue Moon Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: The Blue Moon Cafe serves breakfast and lunch 7 days a week and is conveniently located on Commercial Street right on the water. The restaurant offers both indoor and outdoor seating overlooking scenic Boothbay Harbor. The atmosphere is casual and we serve fresh and creative food at reasonable prices. Several of the Cafe’s specialties include, Fresh Baked Muffins, Cinnamon Pecan Crusted French Toast, Homemade Corned Beef Hash, Breakfast Burritos, Maine Lobster Rolls, Haddock wraps, Reubens and Crab Quesadillas. We also serve beer, wine and spirits so you must try one of Fred’s Most Excellent Bloodies which are always a favorite for Sunday Brunch. On Sundays we serve Lobster and Crab Benedicts as well as special seafood omelets. Please contact us about hosting a private dinner party on our gorgeous deck for 10 or more people. It is super reasonable.
Reviewed August 2, 2014

This is a small obviously popular café conveniently located on waterfront. We hopped right off our boat and right up the dock to lunch. There is a good deal of seating for a small eatery, but it is not a roomy place. We went well after the lunch rush and there were still no tables on the deck outside. Very large sandwich menu with reasonable prices. We had the chicken quesadilla and the turkey Cobb sandwich on wheat. Both were fresh and delicious. With our sandwiches we had fresh iced tea. Very refreshing if not a tad pricy. Oddly, they wouldn't allow me to substitute a small garden salad for my chips and pasta salad and charged us $3.75 (a garden salad came with the quesadilla so this didn’t seem unreasonable). It also appeared burdensome to the woman taking our order which we found rather strange. Overall, a really solid little café, fantastic location and decent value

Reviewed July 30, 2014

We wanted to try to find a place that we could set outside, have a great, hearty breakfast and enjoy the calm morning harbor and sunrise.

This is surely the place! Great back deck overlooking the harbor. Food was quite good--it's counter order of full hot breakfast, but they bring it out to you. Staff was extremely friendly!

TIP: get there early, as the deck fills up fast and folks usually 'hunker down' for a decent amount of time if it's a nice morning out.

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

It was pretty crowded and busy when my family went in for lunch. The man taking our order was super friendly and helpful despite the growing line behind my family. I ordered a chai along with the pesto, tomato, and mozzarella sandwich. Sadly they ran out of pesto so I had to order a different sandwhich. I ended up ordering the tuna melt. The chai was good and hit the spot because it was such a cold day. After a bit of a wait(which was to be expected, it was busy) my family received our sandwiches. My tuna melt wasn't warm but it was still yummy. Everyone seemed to like their sandwiches, and my exchange student loved her crab melt.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

We decided to go to the Blue Moon Cafe fro lunch and we were very glad we did. I had the crab roll and it was excellent. A lot of crab and very tasty. My wife had the tuna melt and she said it was the best she has ever had. Great job and we will be back!!

Reviewed July 27, 2014

We stumbled upon Blue Moon Cafe while walking in Boothbay the first night we got there. The next morning we decided to give it a try. Not really knowing what to expect we walked in and was a little surprised you were to order at a counter then have a seat. We were in town for my boyfriends 30th birthday so wanted to enjoy our time. We decided to stay as we already walked in and boy are we so happy we did.

The food is simple, but GOOD. Better yet, the scenery is fantastic. We were able to sit out on the porch the first day we were there and take in the early morning harbor scene while sipping mimosas! On a warm, dry morning, this was the absolute perfect place to be. The staff is very warm and welcoming. Something we didn't experience everywhere in Boothbay.

We ended up coming back here the following day as a surprise get together for my boyfriends birthday as well as 2 other friends birthday that he didn't know was in the area. We pushed together 2 tables of mixed sizes (sure it was a little weird, but it's more about the atmosphere at this point) and sat all 6 of us. The staff was able to take all of our orders at once to make sure they all came out together (even though we were split up in line) which we really appreciated.

If you are looking for simple place to grab a good breakfast and have amazing views, this is the place for you. The pricing was great compared to some other places. We cannot wait to go back!