“Great little lunch spot right on the water.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Blue Moon Cafe

Blue Moon Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: WE ARE CLOSED FOR THE 2016 SEASON - HAVE A GREAT WINTER AND WE WILL SEE YOU IN THE SPRING OF 2017! The Blue Moon Cafe serves breakfast and lunch 7 days a week and is conveniently located on Commercial Street right on the water. The restaurant offers both indoor and outdoor seating overlooking scenic Boothbay Harbor. The atmosphere is casual and we serve fresh and creative food at reasonable prices. Several of the Cafe’s specialties include, Fresh Baked Muffins, Cinnamon Pecan Crusted French Toast, Homemade Corned Beef Hash, Breakfast Burritos, Maine Lobster Rolls, Haddock wraps, Reubens and Crab Quesadillas. We also serve beer, wine and spirits so you must try one of Fred’s Most Excellent Bloodies which is always a favorite for Sunday Brunch. On Sundays we serve Lobster and Crab Benedicts as well as special seafood omelets. Please contact us about hosting a private dinner party on our gorgeous deck for 10 or more people.
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Great little lunch spot right on the water.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Easy, quick, delicious lunch, and with an awesome view!! Good variety of soups, sandwiches, seafood lunches.

Visited October 2013

USAFret
“Good lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

We had just come off a harbor cruise and since the Blue Moon was right there we decided to try it. There was a nice selection and after placing our order we took a seat on the patio. They brought our order out and we enjoyed a very pleasant lunch. It is a very nice inexpensive place to have lunch.

Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Great place for breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

We really enjoyed a great breakfast at a reasonable price. The view was wonderful and the service fast. Nothing fancy, but a great value.

Greenwich, CT
“Great Breakfast and Lunch!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Have been to Boothbay several years, and decided to try this little tucked away place, which has a terrific view of the harbor. Based on previous Trip Advisor reviewers, we went for breakfast. Fred makes a great meal, and delivers to your table. We checked out the lunch menu, and it looked sooooooooo good, we went back another day for lunch. Now I'm not sure which we prefer, breakfast or lunch???
Seating is inside, small area, or outside, small area--with great view of the harbor. Sorry we didn't find this place years ago, but will definitely put it on the list for next year.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank 50joanie
Mary W, Public Relations Manager at Blue Moon Cafe, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you so much for visiting us and I am glad that you like both our breakfast and lunch menus. Come back next summer!!
South Portland, Maine
“Great Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Just as I stepped out of my car in front of the Blue Moon Café - I saw someone about to 'take' the OPEN sign out of the small front yard. When I inquired as to whether lunch was over - he told me that I could still come inside - place my order - and take my time eating lunch on the patio. Even though they actually were closing for lunch - the staff treated me as if I was the 1st customer of the day! I had the soup and 1/2 sandwich special. Sat on the patio over-looking the Boothbay harbor. And, was repeatedly told to 'take my time' to enjoy. ~Cute café with a very friendly staff.

• Visited October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we are so glad that you got in just before closing. Come back again!