“Breakfast!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blue Moon Cafe

Blue Moon Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: WE ARE CLOSED FOR THE 2016 SEASON - HAVE A GREAT WINTER AND WE WILL SEE YOU IN THE SPRING OF 2017! The Blue Moon Cafe serves breakfast and lunch 7 days a week and is conveniently located on Commercial Street right on the water. The restaurant offers both indoor and outdoor seating overlooking scenic Boothbay Harbor. The atmosphere is casual and we serve fresh and creative food at reasonable prices. Several of the Cafe’s specialties include, Fresh Baked Muffins, Cinnamon Pecan Crusted French Toast, Homemade Corned Beef Hash, Breakfast Burritos, Maine Lobster Rolls, Haddock wraps, Reubens and Crab Quesadillas. We also serve beer, wine and spirits so you must try one of Fred’s Most Excellent Bloodies which is always a favorite for Sunday Brunch. On Sundays we serve Lobster and Crab Benedicts as well as special seafood omelets. Please contact us about hosting a private dinner party on our gorgeous deck for 10 or more people.
East Boothbay, Maine
“Breakfast!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

We just enjoyed a delicious breakfast at the Blue Moon. Ultra rainy day in Boothbay Harbor but the food was fresh and nicely prepared. Decent coffee! I had a breakfast burrito which was good though the beans could have been more spicy for me. I love the way they brown/toast the burrito. Makes it especially good. Thanks for a great breakfast. We'll be back for lunch another day!

• Visited September 2013

Boxford, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

I had been searching for another place to get coffee in the harbor besides red cup, and i found it! They made a perfect cappuccino. I didn't stay to eat, but I did grab a muffin and it was delicious. The staff was very friendly and I will definitely go back.

Utah (sor the summer)
“The best breakfasts in the harbor!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

(Date shows last September - TA didnt allow earlier date) -
Five years ago we moved from New England in our motorhome - Utah summers, Arizona winters -
Used to be in Boothbay 3 times each year - Spring , Summer and Fall, and looked forward most to the Blue Moon. It's the best and loved by many for all the same reasons -
We, typically went for the breakfasts and blueberry muffins.
Don't miss it!

• Visited September 2012
Rockland, Maine
“Small town Big Flavor.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

The food and staff were very good the view from the deck is amazing I normally take those things for granted because I was born and raised on the coast of maine. I ordered the barbies breakfast with French toast and a smoked salmon bagel. I also had a lemonade, some blueberry juice, and possibly the perfect bloody mary. I found the café the night before after a wedding that I was part of at the tugboat inn just next door in booth bay harbor. The next morning about six of us from the wedding went to the blue moon for breakfast and were happy to find the service was quick and friendly. The food was great and it was just what we were looking for. I would recommend the salmon bagel very nice.

Radnor, Pennsylvania, United States
“Crabtastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

On our annual trip to Boothbay Harbor we always dine at the Blue Moon. This morning I had the fabulous Crabcake Benedict. Nothing better than sitting out on the deck enjoying a great meal with fresh brewed coffee watching as the boats journey through the Harbor. It's more than just a meal.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Mary W, Public Relations Manager at Blue Moon Cafe, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Congratulations, you wrote our 100th review on Trip Advisor. Thank you! Come on in for a free coffee and muffin. Tell Fred that you wrote the 100th review and he will be thrilled!