“Superb Coffee”

Red Cup Coffee House
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Superb coffee shop located right in the heart of town on Commercial Street across from the water. We stopped here midmorning to get recharged after a long drive to Boothbay. I had the black eye, which is a 16 ounce mug of their coffee with two shots of espresso (It also comes in a red eye with one shot.) It was a perfect mug of coffee. My wife had the Café Au Lait, which is their name for cappuccino. This was also superb. All of their coffee is served in a huge red mug, hence the name. We had a bagel with our coffee, and it too was fresh and delicious. The ambiance is perfectly quaint for a coffeehouse, and there is also free wifi. Prices are very reasonable. We enjoyed it so much that we stopped in later that afternoon for an iced coffee, which was also superb.

2  Thank nhjimmyd

Reviewed August 1, 2014

If you want to grab some coffee, tea or sandwiches or a lighter fare - stop by this place. you will love it,

1  Thank deepdavey
Reviewed July 31, 2014 via mobile

Great coffee. Superb atmosphere. Divine concept for a busy touristy area.

Clean!

Not a chain, and doesn't try to be one.

No gluten free options, but that's fine. They have great java & vibe.

Welcoming to kids too with toys & coloring. Look up! :-)

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Red cup is so great! This is the only place on the peninsula where you can get a real cup of coffee. The baristas are fantastic, and the owners Paul and Wendy are so friendly and helpful! I frequently come here for coffee in the morning, business lunches, and sometimes for a glass of wine with friends on their Thursday night open mic nights. Such a fun place with great atmosphere, staff, and food. You can't go wrong here food wise. Highly recommend a visit to Red Cup!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

My husband and I stopped in for early morning coffee before exploring Boothbay. The staff was amazing and incredibly friendly. My husband got a regular coffee and I got the best almond milk latte I've ever had. The treats looked incredible the atmosphere was peaceful and homey. I wish we could have spent more time!