“Can't go wrong”

Boathouse Bistro Tapas Lounge & Restaurant
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Girlfriends' lunch on the cute deck overlooking the water. Beautiful afternoon in a nice atmosphere. Good selection of cocktails...I had a very yummy blueberry mojito. The menu was extremely varied and creative, from standard fare to more unusual dishes for the adventurous. We split a bunch of appetizers. Our favorites were the pistachio crusted scallops (incredibly fresh) and deconstructed coconut shrimp (our fave) was wonderful with snap peas, mango, and toasted coconut in a butter sauce with two large prawns. Appetizers were on the pricey side, but tasty.

Service was friendly & very local, but a bit slow.

There are newer reviews for Boathouse Bistro Tapas Lounge & Restaurant

Reviewed July 16, 2014

My family had one of the best lunches we have ever had!
My son said the clam chowder was the best he ever had...I agreed with him. My other son had the lobster Mac & Cheese,
It was amazing. My wife had the grilled veggie flatbread...
It was fantastic. I had the lobster flatbread...it was the best lobster roll I have ever had.
Been coming up to Maine & Cape Cod for years...it was hands down the best place we have ever been to.

1  Thank 007FrankM
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I dined here multiple times when I was visiting Boothbay Harbor over the summer. After going once, we decided it was unbeatable and we kept going back. The food is incredibly thoughtful and delicious. A highlight for me were the scallops served over maple risotto - wow. They also offer porrons to drink wine out of, which makes for a lot of fun. Lastly, I asked for a nightcap of Limoncello one night, and was told that they didn't keep at the bar, but several minutes later, they brought over a bottle. Someone had gone out to purchase a bottle just for us. Food and service that really can't be beat!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

A wonderful place for lunch, mid day snack, full dinner, Tapas or desert. The wine list is excellent, and Mark will point you to a great selection if you don't know what you want. The Salmon tartar is a super, and try the Lobster Cheesecake for an unusual yet delicious savory bite. I highly recommend the top floor for the view, but the food is just as good inside.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

This restaurant provides an eclectic variety of tapas that are mouth watering as
the choices are difficult. Whether it is the pecan encrusted scallops, ducks legs,
lobster bisque, sliced duck breast or mango, snap peas shrimp, plus the bread pudding
assortment of two with different sauces ( carmel or creme fresh (sp). The choice is yours
and you will not b disappointed.

Service was excellent and attentive. Wonderful view of the harbor from the third floor.
Great location to speed time with friends.