“Go there each trip”

Boathouse Bistro Tapas Lounge & Restaurant
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 26, 2014

This is a fun place. The view is good, looks over the rest of Boothbay. I always try a new tapas. They are tasty, inexpensive and creative.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

One of my favorite places - enjoy the roof top scenery of the harbor and a delicious meal. The tapas menu is delicious but my favorite is the risotto. Great atmosphere and great Food .

Reviewed November 2, 2013

We ate here one night based on Trip Advisor reviews. My husband had the lobster thermidor which was excellent. I had lobster tails and asked for it to be served with rice instead of potatoes and vegetables. It came with potatoes and veg but they were very busy so being a brit I didn't say anything at the time. The lobster tails were disappointing but thankfully I had to help out with the thermidor. I did complain and the bill was adjusted accordingly.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Tapas New England style ???? What exactly is that? Well give it a try and you won't be disappointed. I am not a tapas person generally but these dishes were large and tasty. For oyster fans, I have never had any better! The only downsides were a lack of a view on the patio and the ambiance itself was very low key there. But overall ... well worth a visit!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We must have been there on an off night but this was the worst meal I had on our six week trip. I made a reservation because I knew it would be busy, so we were on the first floor. So were two other large parties of 6-10. My only comment was they were very loud. Since talking was not an option we relaxed, had a glass of wine and waited for our food. My salad was straight from the refrigerator, and was limp as though it had been there for days. My husbands was okay but nothing special. I had the paella, it was loaded with duck, chicken etc but overall tasted very bland. I didn't eat even half. I am assuming from all the other great reviews we just didn't mesh that night. As we were leaving another party of 8 was arriving-so be prepared when you make a reservation.