“Simply The Best”

The Lobster Dock
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Locally caught lobster is our specialty. Several hundred pounds are stored in our sea water tank. You may select your own from the tank and watch as they are prepared for cooking in our large outdoor pots. We have all sizes of the tasty shellfish, from one to four pounds. To those new to lobster, we will gladly assist on how to best eat them and explain the differences between hard and soft shell. The Outdoor Patio at The Lobster Dock The flavor of Maine is further captured in our other offerings. Stews and chowders are prepared daily from only the freshest ingredients. The shrimp and scallops we use are caught in the waters of the Boothbay Region. Clams are also supplied by local diggers most every day. Our mussels are grown on a salt water farm in Tenants Harbor. Fish caught in the North Atlantic are supplied to us from Boothbay Fish Dealers. We accept only the freshest available. It is not unusual for us to refuse deliveries that do not meet our quality standards.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

On the opposite/quieter side of the footbridge in Boothbay Harbor lies this phenomenal establishment. Outdoor seating facing west giving the customer sunshine all afternoon and a beautiful sunset at night. Very reasonably priced delicacies from the ocean and a fine selection of beer and wines. Most importantly, service with a smile.
I'm the type of customer that has no quarrel with ordering at a counter, finding my own seat, and having twin lobsters come out to me for $24.95. I can understand if somebody wants a more classy affair (first off they're in the wrong state because there aren't many upscale establishments in Maine), this is probably not the dining experience they would want.
I attempted to wait in line for about 15 minutes after my meal to thank them for the experience because I loved every thing from their menu items, preparation, and service. I didn't get the chance to thank them properly, I'll just have to do lunch their a couple times a week.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,190)

Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

My friend has many food allergies and they were extremely accommodating. Their home made sangria was fantastic as was the food. It wasn't overly busy and we were checked in on many times to ensure we were enjoying our meal. It was a bit pricy but the truth is every place we have been charged about the same for lobster. As a Mainer yes the price of the lobster is a bit inflated but we only get a three month season. I felt the prices were comparable. Be prepared to spend about $30 for the twin one pound lobsters.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Wonderul relaxing atmosphere and excellent food. A must go when visting booth bay. Bobby Flay show down for the crab cakes. Wonderful.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We had lunch here after a Puffin cruise and i was very impressed with the service and the food. They have a variety to chhose form and by the way the lobster roll was great. The staff was very customer friendly and very attentive to your needs

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We visited this place with friends in September at a time when Lobster was very inexpensive.
My husband had a 1 1/2lb lobster which and I had baked scallops. This meal cost us $75.00 not to include any type of a tip. We are mainers and I would not recommend this place to anyone that wants a good meal for much less of a price. Very very disappointed. We tried this place because it had been featured on Bobby Flay's food networks throwdown. There is nothing special about this and we believe the prices are over inflated due to the Bobby Flay thing. Would never ever go here again. The Food: was okay, but I have had better.

2  Thank 95carjar