“Anniversary dinner ”

The Thistle Inn Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A piece of authentic Maine history, The Thistle Inn still stands as a place to gather and celebrate what makes life all the more worth living: great food, great company, and a home away from home. Originally built in 1861 for a prominent sea captain, our restaurant and Inn embody the unique period character of Maine’s past, with updated fixtures for modern comfort. From our seaside favorites to our world-class wine list, our menu is an exploration of classic coastal cuisine prepared with nature’s freshest ingredients. Guests looking to extend their visit will find six different lodging options at their fingertips, and the best of Boothbay Harbor just a short walk from their quarters. Whether it’s a meal that brings you to us, or an escape to our quaint Inn, we invite you to relax, stay awhile, and soak up some true downeast hospitality.
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

We had a great dinner on the deck under the light for our anniversary! It was wonderful :) service and food were wonderful. My husband had crab cakes that were so yummy and my Cesar salad was one of the best I've had! We both has the haddock which was wonderful as well- perfectly cooked and I couldn't get enough of the couscous! We shared two desserts and were stuffed but very happy!!! The only small negative was due to us eating on the late side the bugs did make an appearance during dessert but not enough to really be anymore then a small bother- the decks ambiance was worth a few bugs!

Reviewed July 13, 2014

Foodies will love this place - fresh and tasty seafood and for my allergic hubby, great steak and chicken dishes!

Reviewed July 7, 2014

We went to this restaurant the last night of our week stay in Booth Bay Harbor. It was to be a special night out. This was supposed to be the "best" restaurant in Booth Bay Harbor. What a disappointment. We made reservations and dressed appropriately. Our party of five was shown to a back room where a large party was just wrapping up. The 15 ladies seemed to be having a good time and the waitress was friendly and chatting with them. They were probably local...we were not. She finally gets around to our drink order and her attitude was so different. Really acted like we were a nuisance when my husband was asking for recommendations. She is probably busy. Back to the fun table, more laughing and chatting while she is picking up the 15 different checks that she provided to the table. Offering them more bread to take home in their leftover bags. Back to us to get our food order. I ask about vegetarian options. Apparently that is like asking somebody if they beat their kids because she was really put out and said what was on the menu were my only options. She couldn't even tell me what they were. That would be a pizza and a some kind of spaghetti squash entrée. Often a restaurant will let a vegetarian order several sides. Not sure if that is possible here. . She said she would come back. No! It was hard enough getting her attention. Everybody orders and I get the spaghetti squash. She never brings bread. Maybe you have to order it. As new diners come to the other tables that have now been set up following the large groups departure, they are offered bread. Maybe it will come with our meals. Nope, never offered any. I heard her tell the other table how it was made in house. How lovely for them. Would you like more "Oh, no, I can't stop eating this and won't have room for dinner" Hahahaha. Food arrives. Stacey never comes to see if we need anything else. The food was okay. Not great. My spaghetti squash was terrible. The Sherman Zwicker (a kind of pizza) was okay. Scallops, okay, haddock, okay. It was all edible but nobody had anything they raved about and nobody thought the restaurant was worth going back to. The service was terrible. The ambience was like an old pub. We like old pub. We like just about anything. But the attitude we can do without. The bill without tip was $130. The restaurant at the Newagen was 10 times better in both food and service.

2  Thank Dragonmom I
Reviewed July 1, 2014

If you enjoy sitting outside under magnificent trees, eating really good food, and experiencing friendly service, this is the place. On a cool evening in Boothbay, there is no better spot for outdoor fine dining and no place better for fine dining (period) than perhaps the Spruce Point Inn. We had baked Haddock, fresh salads, and just the right dessert to finish off the meal. More than worth the visit.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Enjoyed our dinner and being hosted by Sasha and Richard. Generous martinis, charred Caesar salad fresh raw oysters, a supple california chardonnay, and seared halibut dinner feature- all were delicious. Be back very soon.