“Pub it up...”

The Thistle Inn Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: A piece of authentic Maine history, The Thistle Inn still stands as a place to gather and celebrate what makes life all the more worth living: great food, great company, and a home away from home. Originally built in 1861 for a prominent sea captain, our restaurant and Inn embody the unique period character of Maine’s past, with updated fixtures for modern comfort. From our seaside favorites to our world-class wine list, our menu is an exploration of classic coastal cuisine prepared with nature’s freshest ingredients. Guests looking to extend their visit will find six different lodging options at their fingertips, and the best of Boothbay Harbor just a short walk from their quarters. Whether it’s a meal that brings you to us, or an escape to our quaint Inn, we invite you to relax, stay awhile, and soak up some true downeast hospitality.
Reviewed July 1, 2011

Though the restaurant has improved this year, the best deal here is the pub menu. The bartender, Sasha, makes wicked Mojitos and the food is reasonably priced and as good as it gets in the harbor (next only to the Ports of Italy). Certainly it is far better by a large show of local hands than any of the others on this list (again, save for the Ports of Italy)...

There are newer reviews for The Thistle Inn Restaurant

Reviewed May 4, 2011

My family lives in Boothbay, and whenever anyone asks me where to eat, I always tell them to go to the Thistle Inn! I especially love the old-world style atmosphere, and the food is DELICIOUS. You must go!

Reviewed February 24, 2011

For the prices they charge, expectations are commensurately high. Food came out lukewarm. I ordered a filet, it was tough and stringy - the worst filet I'd had in ages. The place is quaint, but the booths are tiny, really uncomfortable. There are far better restaurants in the area at lower prices. I wouldn't go back.

2  Thank DGrosvenor
Reviewed November 16, 2010

I have had multiple dinners at The Thistle Inn and have always had a spectacular dining experience. This organization knows what it is doing when it comes to preparing a meal. The menu is diverse and you can always count on Max Ross to give a great recommendation for a wine to go along with the fantastic meal you are sure to have at this restaurant. Look no further.....if you are in Boothbay, go to The Thistle Inn to dine.

1  Thank SIPEY66
Reviewed October 28, 2010

My husband and I had an amazing dinner at The Thistle Inn. I had the lamb shank and it was to die for. My husband had the steak tips, the marinade was great, cooked to perfection. Don't forget the truffle fries on the side, you will not be disappointed. The waitstaff was knowledgeable and friendly. If you can get there on a Friday night, don't forget to stop in the bar for a pre-dinner drink during happy hour, you will feel right at home!

1  Thank Mlgrant22