“Great place to rent a kayak, bike, paddle board (anyting else?)”

Tidal Transit Kayak
Ranked #7 of 15 Tours in Boothbay Harbor
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Convenient location right in town, friendly and knowledgeable staff! I went out on the morning kayaking tour to the Burnt Island lighthouse. Emily was our guide, she was very helpful and friendly, and I was lucky to be part of a small group, there were just 3 of us!...We didn't feel rushed at all, I will deflnitely be back in the future to rent a kayak or bike. Thanks to everyone!

1  Thank Sandy M

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I was so excited to go kayaking again - it's been years. And Tidal Transit provided such an beautiful and memorable tour. I took the wildlife tour in the afternoon. We set out around 2pm with the glowing afternoon sun shining on the water. I had such a great time - I would have paid twice what they charge for this tour. It is an amazing value for the experience. Our guide was very nice and extremely knowledgeable about the area. Eagles, seals, ospreys, scenery, simply amazing. A must do when you're in Boothbay Habor!

1  Thank DenverCO2013
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Travis and his crew were very knowledgable and helpful. Kayaked to Burnt Island and stand-up paddleboard were a great time. Reasonably priced.

1  Thank F13fan
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We have taken previous kayak trips with the folks at Tidal Transit and had a great time, so we wanted to repeat that again this year.
Once again, our entire experience was just outstanding.

Boothbay Harbor area is a wonderful place to kayak as there are many islands, lighthouses, inlets and small harbors that are easily accessible to explore.

Lots of wildlife in the area too..this year we saw two bald eagles just outside the harbor as well as plenty of seals, a large heron up close and several osprey in their nests with chicks, several large sturgeon were observing leaping fully out of the water

The water in this area is somewhat protected from the open sea, so it is smoother and easier to paddle than in some areas in Maine.

Sea kayaking is something we have picked up fairly quickly, and it turns out to be quite simple to pick up the basics in no time. The guides from Tidal Transit are really helpful in getting you started and it is easy to take it from there.

The kayaks we rented were in very good shape and current models, the folks in the shop are really friendly and take care of everything you need to get started.

We had a fantastic time with our guide "Wyatt" and would highly recommend kayaking in Boothbay Harbor with Tidal Transit

1  Thank traveler541
Reviewed August 18, 2013

With trepidation booked a trip, What an experience! I've kayaked before, but in Florida. The equipment is top notch and the staff knowledgeable & so friendly. We had a choice of several trips depending on time constraints. It is the best way to see the harbor, homes and the little inlets up close. I suggest booking w/ a guide. Tell Travis hello for us!