“Excellent Family Kayak Experience”

Tidal Transit Kayak
Ranked #7 of 15 Tours in Boothbay Harbor
Reviewed July 22, 2013

As a family of 5, we basically had our very own private, guided kayak tour. We chose to do the wildlife tour and the company was kind enough to modify their schedule to allow to take this tour in the morning. The wildlife tour usually departs in the afternoon. There is a lighthouse tour offered in the morning. Our family enjoyed this excurison very much. We were all inexperienced kayakers and had no problem. Kids aged 19-14.

There are newer reviews for Tidal Transit Kayak

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We very much enjoyed our experience with Tidal Transit Kayak. First day we were putting our kayak in by the public parking lot next to their store and the owner Travis came out and invited us to use his dock. He then told us where to go, where to see the eagle etc and was just so hospitable. When we came back we were talking to him and decided after several years of kayaking to take a course. (always meant to.) We planned to come the next day and there was Ralph our guide waiting for us. He was exceptional! He spent about 4 hrs with us paddling around the harbor, going over paddling techniques and showing us how to fall out and rescue each other to get back in. Travis even tightened up the loose screw on my boyfriends kayak. Just such great people and they love what they do. Would definitely go back again and next time take a guided trip around some other areas with them.

1  Thank grdnrita
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We did the wildlife kayak tour with our 13 year old daughter. It was great fun. No rapids or trickly paddling, which was what we wanted. The seals follow you along and are great fun. Our guide was great. You do paddle the whole way (with a stop at a little island for a snack), the trip back as the tide comes did require more steady paddling than the first half of the trip. Do opt for the "skirt" - it attachs to the kayak opening and your waist and will really keep you dry. Without it, water will definitely dribble into your lap as you lift the paddle. Great active family activity.

1  Thank Judy O
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We rented kayaks for my mom's bday and the staff was awesome!! Great time and we will definitely be back for a guided tour!!

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We spent a week in Boothbay Harbor and had two of our own kayaks, but wanted to do a tour at least once. We ended up going back a second time to rent a tandem kayak. I loved the tour and really liked the store owner. About the tour (we took the "wildlife tour"): we "set sail" on a rainy day, but were kept dry with kayak "skirts" and ponchos. It was worth the minor discomfort because we paddled out to a location (foggy, mysterious, white) where we were surrounded by seals. Honestly, it was one of the most amazing things I've experienced. About the store: they are just so nice! We found the place initially while looking for a minor bike repair, which someone at the store did for us without charge. When I asked where we might buy a bike lock, the owner offered to loan us his for the day! When we went back for the kayak tour the following day, he also loaned us his suntan lotion even though he had bottles of lotion for sale. On our third visit, my son and his friend rented a tandem kayak; when they didn't show up after 8 hours, the owner checked in with me to make sure that I had heard from them and that they were okay, but did not express any concern that they wouldn't return the kayaks in time. I'm tempted to move to Boothbay Harbor just so I can hang out at Tidal Transit!. In short, I highly recommend this place...even if you have your own kayaks!