“Succulent Oysters - A Culinary Highlight!”
Review of Mine Oyster

Mine Oyster
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2017

A friend and I have had a hankering for oysters fresh from the sea all summer, and finally took our chance to have some at Mine Oyster. We were given a smart table on the upper level deck overlooking the harbor, and thought ourselves kings of the world. On the way upstairs we passed through a couple of bars and several dining areas with the look and feel of the seaside.

Our lovely server took drink orders and explained to us how to order our oysters, and returned quite promptly with our drinks. I got a spring old-fashioned made with gin, bitters, simple syrup, a slice of fruit, and lots of ice...so refreshing and a perfect foil for the oysters that were to follow.

We each had a list of fifteen oysters to choose from. We wanted a dozen each, and were instructed to write how many of each we wanted right on the order form. The house oyster is the Glidden Point Select. I had two of those, 3-4 inch oysters bottom grown in deep water - the perfect oysters. I had a couple of Glidden Point jumbos as well - very big with similar flavor. I tried Pemaquid, Otter Cove, Norumbega, Ebencook oysters...most from the Damariscotta River - with the Ebencook from Boothbay Harbor itself. Most of the others were briny and succulent. My favorites were the Norumbega. The Ebencook were petite, salty, and sweet...nice combination. My platter of oysters included ground horseradish, cocktail sauce, and mignonette that was delicate and perfect with the shellfish. We had one person with us who doesn't like oysters. She ordered giant shrimp served in a large chalice-like vessel filled with crushed ice...delicious.

I loved the presentation; I loved that I could choose from such a large list; I loved the service; and I loved this restaurant. I'll be back for sure. Enjoy!

Reviewed August 22, 2017

Had some appetizers at lunch. Dog friendly place. We were able to sit outside and enjoy the view of the harbor. I nightly recommend the Brussels sprouts appetizer and rum drink.

Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for dinner and sat on an upper deck. Both settled on the broiled seafood platter. Perfectly cooked and seasoned. Great service from Cameron. Also a great band.

Reviewed August 16, 2017

My husband loves oysters and orders them everywhere we travel. The local oysters served here are his favorites! I don't like oysters but love their chowder and lobster rolls!

Reviewed August 15, 2017

We stopped here at mid afternoon as we wanted a place with a view of the bay/harbor and this place had it. We had drinks and oysters and we were not disappointed with our choices. We ordered the dozen oysters and they were delicious. Our server Morgan was attentive to our needs. A nice place to chill and relax.