Booked an extra long weekend in Boothbay Harbor to relax and recharge, and enjoy the harbor view. Our room has the view, but not much else!
Website: this room is small. ROOM IS TINY! Literally only about 30" around three sides of a queen bed.
One night stand, other nightstand is a dorm refrigerator, with a coffeemaker on top. Above that is a open rod that is only place to hang clothes (no closet), which hang down on top of the coffeemaker. This would be a problem, except that coffeemaker doesn't work, anyway!
Room is clean, but wallpaper border is torn, drapes are sagging, no bed skirt on the box springs (and no bedspread covering it, either).
Bathroom is tiny. Literally, only about an 18" by 24" piece of clear floor to stand on. DH has to open the sliding bathroom door to be able to fit up to the vanity to shave. Bathroom is clean, and seems to have been recently renovated.
Website: iron and board in every room. But not this one -- because there is no closet to put it in!
Website: free wi-fi. At the check-in desk: "possibly not available in all rooms". How about, really not available at all! Either no signal, or if you finally manage to get on, signal immediately drops to minimal strength, and then you get booted off again.
Really, this is unacceptable in 2013. It's not like the technology is particularly complex or expensive. Hotel knows they don't have a meaningful attempt at wi-fi, and they don't care.
Can't much get 4g service, either. Which the hotel could fix with a repeater, as well, if they cared.
Continental breakfast is as reported in multiple other reviews here -- cursory. Coffee is really good, but served only in small, foam or paper cups!
Overall, I feel like I paid a ton of money (over $200 a night) and really got not much for it, except a view.
I travel a lot, and usually can find something to like about where ever I stay, but not the Tugboat Inn!
Never again at this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Downtown waterfront location directly on the harbor. Modern comfortable guestrooms with balconies, air conditioning, cable tv with free movie channel, telephone with voice mail, hair dryer, Keurig coffee maker, refrigerator and personal amenities. Rates include continental breakfast, free parking and free local phone calls. Complimentary computer with DSL in hotel lobby. Complimentary wi-fi in most locations. Full service restaurant, seasonal cocktail lounge with patio deck, and marina with slip and mooring rentals all on site. Waterfront hot tub available for guests. Music at the piano bar in season. Special vacation packages available. Open mid April to late October. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tugboat Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tugboat Hotel Boothbay Harbor
- Tugboat Inn Boothbay Harbor, Maine