This hotel was the surprise delight of our trip to New England. situated on the quiet side of the small coastal Maine town of Boothbay Harbor it has direct access to the cross harbour walkway which leads to the main part of town. Style wise the Inn is the typical modern wooden board construction typical of the area. What sells the place however is it's location right on the waterside over looking the harbour and main part of town.
We were lucky in that we asked in advance for a room over looking the harbour and as such got a second floor room with a balcony a place we spent a considerable time sitting on, enjoying the view, the general peace and quiet, and waving to the boats going by. The room itself was fine, roomy, clean, nice big bathroom, and comfy beds.
We were slightly out of season so the hotel was quiet, the one night we used the inn's waterside restaurant we were one of three couples in a room built for close to a hundred. the food was typical steak and seafood offered in the area, good but not spectacular. The view however lived up to this. A nice touch if your old romantics like us was the pianist playing live in the restaurant. One word of warning even in season the restaurant closes at 9 p.m., off season 7:30 p.m. so if you intend to use it either get in early or make a reservation.
One thing I must say was all the staff we dealt with were helpful beyond expectation, and came over as really caring about their guests and more than willing to help whenever possible.
It's worth noting the Inn offers a free buffet breakfast but unless you can make do with a bagel, muffin, or pastry and a cup of coffee on the run it's better to take the 5 minute walk into town for a proper cooked New England breakfast feast complete with the often home made cinnamon rolls.
We fell in love with this little town on the coast of Maine, and look forward to returning one day. As such we'd be more than happy to stay at the Boothbay Harbor Inn again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boothbay Harbor Inn, Boothbay Harbor, MaineWelcome to your waterfront destination, the Boothbay Harbor Inn! We offer sixty deluxe guestrooms, with modern amenities and views of the working waterfront. Most have a balcony or patio (some private) and sunsets are our specialty! We are located at the water’s edge, next to the famous wooden footbridge, which provides easy access to the town of Boothbay Harbor. Just a short walk will take you to a wide variety of shops, galleries,restaurants and boating activities.Our waterfront restaurant, Windows on the Harbor, offers breathtaking water views, spectacular sunsets and nightly entertainment on the baby grand. We feature fresh Maine seafood including Maine lobster, as well as other New England specialties. We offer a full bar, a complete beer and wine list, a well rounded assortment of desserts, and a junior menu. Dinner is served nightly, and reservations are welcome.Our main dining room, as well as our outside tent area, are available for receptions, rehearsal dinners, parties and other gatherings. The restaurant boasts panoramic windows directly facing the harbor, and our front lawn is right at the water’s edge. Our special banquet menus offer a wide variety of options to fit every taste and pocketbook. Special accommodation rates are available for weddings and other large groups, and for individuals we also offer special all-inclusive vacation packages featuring accommodations, meals and activities. We are open mid May to mid October, and are available year round for reservations and information. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Boothbay Harbor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boothbay Harbor Hotel Boothbay Harbor
- Boothbay Harbor Motel
- Boothbay Harbor Inn Maine