We arrived and were greeted very quickly and the hostess was very attentive. Our room was ready on-time and things were off to a great start. The room itself was dated with older decor and bedding. The bathroom was just OK. There was not much room. The balcony was nice when the sun was not beating on it. It was really only good for the morning and late evenings. The mid to late day sun is so strong it is impossible to sit comfortably. The plastic balcony chairs were also very uncomfortable. It would have been great to have some type of reclining chair and/or a table available.
The bed and pillows were terrible.
The Continental Breakfast was basic with breads, fruit and cereal. The coffee was great. The hostess was wonderful.
The restaurant was OK. Service was very slow and the food was just OK.
Overall the location is great - it's right next to the footbridge - but the room was not that nice. The property next door (Rocktide) seemed much nicer; it had a pool, outdoor lounge, more parking, etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Boothbay Harbor Inn, Boothbay Harbor, MaineWelcome to your waterfront destination, the Boothbay Harbor Inn! We offer sixty deluxe guestrooms, with modern amenities and views of the working waterfront. Most have a balcony or patio (some private) and sunsets are our specialty! We are located at the water’s edge, next to the famous wooden footbridge, which provides easy access to the town of Boothbay Harbor. Just a short walk will take you to a wide variety of shops, galleries,restaurants and boating activities.Our waterfront restaurant, Windows on the Harbor, offers breathtaking water views, spectacular sunsets and nightly entertainment on the baby grand. We feature fresh Maine seafood including Maine lobster, as well as other New England specialties. We offer a full bar, a complete beer and wine list, a well rounded assortment of desserts, and a junior menu. Dinner is served nightly, and reservations are welcome.Our main dining room, as well as our outside tent area, are available for receptions, rehearsal dinners, parties and other gatherings. The restaurant boasts panoramic windows directly facing the harbor, and our front lawn is right at the water’s edge. Our special banquet menus offer a wide variety of options to fit every taste and pocketbook. Special accommodation rates are available for weddings and other large groups, and for individuals we also offer special all-inclusive vacation packages featuring accommodations, meals and activities. We are open mid May to mid October, and are available year round for reservations and information. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Expedia, Priceline, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Boothbay Harbor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Boothbay Harbor Hotel Boothbay Harbor
- Boothbay Harbor Motel
- Boothbay Harbor Inn Maine