“Best Stay in Boothbay Harbor”
Review of Brown's Wharf Inn

Brown's Wharf Inn
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Boothbay Harbor
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at Brown's Wharf Inn in August. What a treat. Rooms were great. Clean and roomy. Bathroom a little small, but who stays in the bathroom. Staff was very pleasant and friendly and always ready to help. The servers in the restaurant were excellent, food was good and not over priced. The balcony view is great, always something to look at. We are planning to return next year.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Excellent facilities. Food was absolutely great. We enjoyed the balcony on our room. The staff was friendly and helpful.
The view from our balcony overlooking the harbor was spectacular.
The whole experience was restful. This place made up our minds to return here (we live in the desert, east of Palm Springs).

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the harbor.
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The staff at this hotel was very friendly and helpful. We stayed at a harbor front room which was clean and had a great view of the harbor. The room had a balcony but the balconies are separated by a railing. We like to keep our curtains open at night to view the scenery but the neighbor rooms can see into the room from their balcony. The room was not that quiet since sound could be heard from adjoining  rooms and from people walking along the outside walkway. The motel was a short walk from the main part of Booth Bay Harbor by walking across the 100 year old foot bridge over the harbor.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2013

THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE - This motel and restaurant have the most friendly, most gracious, most accommodating staff that you will ever experience, anywhere!
The motel’s exquisite ambiance, atmosphere, and views are alone worth the trip. My wife and I have enjoyed our summers at Brown’s Wharf for almost twenty years. We enjoy just setting on our own private little balcony overlooking the harbor watching the movements of all of the working and pleasure boats. There is always something happening in the harbor. This atmosphere is very restful, relaxing, and decompressing.
The restaurant is an experience, from its nautical theme to the many conversations we have had with the young students hired as wait staff for the summer coming from all over the world, to the first rate food it serves on a daily basis. The restaurant staff will go out of their way to meet your needs. It is always interesting to see people coming from other, nearby motels to Brown’s Wharf for supper; that alone tells you something. And also to get your reservation in early! Starting your day off with a hearty breakfast with many specials is a great way to begin your experience exploring Boothbay Harbor and later in the day your supper with many fresh seafood choices, abundant wine and beverage choices, and don’t let me forget one of the many specials Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner is a great way to end a great day in the area. Go and Enjoy!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 30, 2013

After deciding to stay for 5 nights in Boothbay Harbor, ME, I needed to choose a hotel. I selected Browns Wharf Inn, because I wanted a place on the East side, facing the harbor over to the downtown area. I couldn't be happier. I absolutely loved Browns Wharf Inn. The hotel was top notch, not only the facilities, but the staff as well. My room was a "waterfront", facing the harbor room, and had a great size, private, balcony facing the boats and harbor. It was breathtaking. The room was a good size, with refrigerator, desk, king size bed, comfortable furniture, and all the amenities one would need. I was particularly happy with the staff, how friendly they were, even the chambermaid, who got me extra coffee and ensured that I had everything I needed. The restaurant at Browns Wharf is rated as one of the best in the area, and I enjoyed it for dinner and breakfast. I didn't eat there all the time, but the times I did, it was great, and good food quantities. Believe me, as someone that did not know the area of Boothbay Harbor, selecting Browns was one of the best choices I've made. Would I go back? In a heartbeat, and I plan on it next season, and maybe even for a getaway weekend as well. It is conveniently located, to the point where I didn't even use my car all week, I simply walked down the road, across the beautiful footbridge, and was in the downtown area, where everything I wanted to do was there. Please consider Browns, I give it very high marks. The photos I posted on this review are ones that I took last week at Browns Wharf. The one that shows the boats was one of the views from my room, just beautiful. If you want to experience all that Boothbay Harbor, ME has to offer, pick a hotel you'll equally be thrilled with. There's just one issue I had....I didn't want to leave.

Room Tip: Browns offers a variety of accommodations to suit your needs. I traveled solo, so the king bed room...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank AlanofMA
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Our third time here. Each stay as good as the last. Weather great each time.
This time we had a 3rd floor harbor front room. Beautiful view from the balcony. Easy to doze after a day out.
Staff friendly and helpful. We asked to extend check out 1/2 hour and it wasn't a problem.
Although there is a trolley we always opt for the walk across the foot bridge to the other side of the harbor. Not difficult at all.
This isn't the Four Seasons with bellhops, etc. It's a very nice hotel in a great location looking over a beautiful harbor. I'll take it any day.

Room Tip: The extra $ for the harbor front as opposed to side view is well worth it.
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Our room, inner harbor view was very clean. We had dinner at the restaurant. The food was very good, however the service was slow. We weren't in a hurry so it was fine. The lady at the front desk with the "southern Maine" accent was extremely pleasant. It was nice to be able to take the trolley in to Town. It was really relaxing to sit on the deck at the Marina. If you are looking for a nice lounge to have a cocktail...this is NOT the place. We were surprised that there wasn't a cocktail menu in such a busy season. The bartender seemed annoyed when we asked if she could make a certain martini for us. Also, it is quite a walk into Town. Not as close to footbridge as we thought. We would go back based on the hospitality and cleanliness which is the most important thing to us when away from home.

Room Tip: Ask for harbor view room, if not inner harbor is nice also. Nothing for children to do at Inn.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
#5 of 12 in Boothbay Harbor
Ocean Gate Resort
Ocean Gate Resort
#1 of 3 in Southport

Been to Brown's Wharf Inn? Share your experiences!