“THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE”
Review of Brown's Wharf Inn

Brown's Wharf Inn
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Boothbay Harbor
Deering, New Hampshire
“THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE - This motel and restaurant have the most friendly, most gracious, most accommodating staff that you will ever experience, anywhere!
The motel’s exquisite ambiance, atmosphere, and views are alone worth the trip. My wife and I have enjoyed our summers at Brown’s Wharf for almost twenty years. We enjoy just setting on our own private little balcony overlooking the harbor watching the movements of all of the working and pleasure boats. There is always something happening in the harbor. This atmosphere is very restful, relaxing, and decompressing.
The restaurant is an experience, from its nautical theme to the many conversations we have had with the young students hired as wait staff for the summer coming from all over the world, to the first rate food it serves on a daily basis. The restaurant staff will go out of their way to meet your needs. It is always interesting to see people coming from other, nearby motels to Brown’s Wharf for supper; that alone tells you something. And also to get your reservation in early! Starting your day off with a hearty breakfast with many specials is a great way to begin your experience exploring Boothbay Harbor and later in the day your supper with many fresh seafood choices, abundant wine and beverage choices, and don’t let me forget one of the many specials Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner is a great way to end a great day in the area. Go and Enjoy!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Methuen, Massachusetts, USA
Reviewed August 30, 2013

After deciding to stay for 5 nights in Boothbay Harbor, ME, I needed to choose a hotel. I selected Browns Wharf Inn, because I wanted a place on the East side, facing the harbor over to the downtown area. I couldn't be happier. I absolutely loved Browns Wharf Inn. The hotel was top notch, not only the facilities, but the staff as well. My room was a "waterfront", facing the harbor room, and had a great size, private, balcony facing the boats and harbor. It was breathtaking. The room was a good size, with refrigerator, desk, king size bed, comfortable furniture, and all the amenities one would need. I was particularly happy with the staff, how friendly they were, even the chambermaid, who got me extra coffee and ensured that I had everything I needed. The restaurant at Browns Wharf is rated as one of the best in the area, and I enjoyed it for dinner and breakfast. I didn't eat there all the time, but the times I did, it was great, and good food quantities. Believe me, as someone that did not know the area of Boothbay Harbor, selecting Browns was one of the best choices I've made. Would I go back? In a heartbeat, and I plan on it next season, and maybe even for a getaway weekend as well. It is conveniently located, to the point where I didn't even use my car all week, I simply walked down the road, across the beautiful footbridge, and was in the downtown area, where everything I wanted to do was there. Please consider Browns, I give it very high marks. The photos I posted on this review are ones that I took last week at Browns Wharf. The one that shows the boats was one of the views from my room, just beautiful. If you want to experience all that Boothbay Harbor, ME has to offer, pick a hotel you'll equally be thrilled with. There's just one issue I had....I didn't want to leave.

Room Tip: Browns offers a variety of accommodations to suit your needs. I traveled solo, so the king bed room...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank AlanofMA
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Our third time here. Each stay as good as the last. Weather great each time.
This time we had a 3rd floor harbor front room. Beautiful view from the balcony. Easy to doze after a day out.
Staff friendly and helpful. We asked to extend check out 1/2 hour and it wasn't a problem.
Although there is a trolley we always opt for the walk across the foot bridge to the other side of the harbor. Not difficult at all.
This isn't the Four Seasons with bellhops, etc. It's a very nice hotel in a great location looking over a beautiful harbor. I'll take it any day.

Room Tip: The extra $ for the harbor front as opposed to side view is well worth it.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Our room, inner harbor view was very clean. We had dinner at the restaurant. The food was very good, however the service was slow. We weren't in a hurry so it was fine. The lady at the front desk with the "southern Maine" accent was extremely pleasant. It was nice to be able to take the trolley in to Town. It was really relaxing to sit on the deck at the Marina. If you are looking for a nice lounge to have a cocktail...this is NOT the place. We were surprised that there wasn't a cocktail menu in such a busy season. The bartender seemed annoyed when we asked if she could make a certain martini for us. Also, it is quite a walk into Town. Not as close to footbridge as we thought. We would go back based on the hospitality and cleanliness which is the most important thing to us when away from home.

Room Tip: Ask for harbor view room, if not inner harbor is nice also. Nothing for children to do at Inn.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We drove up from NH for an overnight stay. Every room at Browns has some type of view of the harbor which is beautiful. Some of the rooms front the harbor; we were on the side but still had a view. There are outside balconies but the only thing that separates you from your neighbor is a wooden rail or two. You could be sitting right next to them! We had a king room and although it was small, it was clean. I asked for a pillow top on the bed and it was there upon arrival. Sleeping was fine until anyone in the vicinity decided to shower. I was startled out of a deep sleep at 6am even though I had earplugs in. That's how loud it was. The bathroom is tiny. One part has a tub and toilet that almost touch each other. Outside that room is the sink area. These are both right near the front door. Extremely awkward set up and bare basic facilities. The hotel is in a good spot. Although not right downtown, it's a short drive to everything you want to do. The Boothbay area is gorgeous. We drove to Southport Island and to Ocean Point. Loved the scenery and the drive. We ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant and the staff was very friendly and the food was good. All with a nice view. I would recommend this hotel for an overnight but would not recommend it for a long stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that fronts the harbor
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The view of the harbor from our room was beautiful. I love having a view when staying at a hotel and this place had a large picture window looking out into the harbor plus a walk-out balcony. It was relaxing to spend time just watching all the boat activity from the balcony at any time of day or night. The room was a good size, bathroom small but adequte. The location is good. It's not in town but the town area is close by and easy to get to. Being away from the downtown area makes this location quieter. There is a nice restaurant on the property, which we used twice with plenty of parking. I would stay here again. We stayed on the second floor, a good height to see lots of boat activity.

Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Brown's Wharf is an excellent location to see the harbor - watch pleasure boats dock as well as lobster boats coming into the nearby lobster pound. The accommodations are nice and clean. Each room has a balcony. A higher room rate gets you a front harbor view; less money is along the side, but still overlooking the water. The hotel is a distance from town but very walkable. A trolley does run from the hotel until 4:30 in the afternoon. The front desk staff were very friendly.

Room Tip: Call as early as possible if visiting in the summer.