“Will be back”
Review of Topside Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Boothbay Harbor
Topside Inn
Reviewed August 13, 2009

Attentive and pleasant service, nice spot above but v. close to downtown Boothbay, restaurant quality breakfast, attractive/comfortable furnishings. You really get your money's worth. Brian and Ed make you feel like you are a VIP for your stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,098)

Reviewed August 12, 2009

My husband and I returned to the Topside Inn for our second visit. It is a wonderful place, beautiful rooms, excellent views and location and breakfasts that are out of this world. Ed and Brian are terrific, we couldn't ask for nicer hosts. We will be back for a third time!

Reviewed August 10, 2009

We just returned home from a two night stay in Boothbay Harbor at the Topside Inn. My husband and I have pretty particular taste and high expectations and after reading countless reviews from others before making our decision on where we would stay, the Topside did not disappoint.

Brian and Ed provide excellent service, very personalized with attention to the smallest of details. The Inn is immaculately maintained, inside and out, offers an incredible view of the Harbor and is a short walk into downtown - a true joy! The breakfast each morning was delicious.

I will definitely return if my travels bring me back to Boothbay Harbor, and I would absolutely recommend the Topside Inn to anyone I know who will be travelling there or even just looking for a suggestion of a great place to escape to for a vacation.

The only thing I didn't like was having to leave!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2009

This is the ultimate bed and breakfast in Boothbay Harbor. Incredible views in almost every directions. Comfortable, clean, and convenient sounds way too pedestrian to describe this place. Brian and Ed are gracious hosts who strive to make your Topside experience unforgettable. And do they ever succeed! The breakfasts are amazing. They really should market the homemade granola. You just have to experience the Topside Inn to understand its amazing charm. We are already planning our next visit.

Reviewed July 29, 2009

We have had the pleasure of staying here several times on trips to Boothbay. The rooms are beautifully decorated and the view from the top of McKnown hill over the harbor is worth the trip in and of itself. All rooms whether in the main house or one of the two annexes are large, comfortable, and airy. The breakfast is always something to savor and the two innkeepers are friendly and very helpful. I cannot recommend this place highly enough. We cannot wait to return.

Reviewed July 24, 2009

My husband and I stayed for five nights in Room 14 in early June. The view is as spectacular as advertised! While the weather was not perfect, I have to say everything else about our stay was. The personal tour of the Inn upon arrival, fabulous breakfasts and wonderful afternoon snacks were truly appreciated, as were their spot-on dinner recommendations. The owners truly know Boothbay Harbor and have loads of recommendations, yet never pushed themselves on us. I don't ever remember staying at a more impeccably clean Inn. Clearly pride of ownership shows here, and Ed and Brian should be very proud of what they have accomplished.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LBKDMK
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Ed and Brian's attention to detail, hospitality, delcious breakfast and the beauty of the area made this B&B one of the best we have ever experienced. Our room was exceptionally clean and perfectly appointed plus a great view. We loved every minute at the Topside Inn.