“Nice Breakfast”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 23, 2013

A really nice breakfast sitting outside on the harbor. Blueberry Pancakes full of wild Maine Blueberries. Good coffee and crisp bacon.

2  Thank Andy426669

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Ate at Dockside again this year in early August for dinner. They were out of the 3 lobster for $20 deal, just missed it as saw two other tables enjoying theirs, I had the lobster roll, which was fine.

SIL had the lobster mac and cheese and there was a lot of lobster in it but she didn't care for the seasoning.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Dockside Grill is by far my favorite place to eat in the Boothbay Region. There is no better place to get great food at an affordable price, great service, and a spectacular view! Every special request is always accommodated with a smile. My husband and I like to share a meal because we don't overeat if we do and this is the first restaurant that we have found that doesn't make you feel like a jerk for doing so. This allows us to eat out more often. The prime rib is always fantastic! The lobster mac-n cheese is loaded with lobster. Every meal that we have had there has been beyond wonderful. If you are looking for a laid back coastal Maine atmosphere with terrific food at an affordable price, THIS IS YOUR PLACE!

1  Thank Parrothead4411
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Well, the hubby was quite nice about his review, but mine won't be quite as nice. We came into the restaurant excited due to the reviews we read on Tripadvisor. Well, we went for breakfast and it was pretty good. The food was quite good for breakfast and the prices weren't bad either. Now for the bad, we went in for lunch the next day. I wanted lobster bisque...waiter asked the chef/owner and he was out, hadn't made any actually. I then asked for the clam chowder, chef/owner seems irritated...hadn't made any but could I wait 30 minutes to an hour?? Huh? No. Both are on the menu for lunch and dinner. I was okay with that. I finally told the waiter I wanted lobster fritters. He walks over to the chef/owner and asks him about the lobster fritters (mind you we were sitting right next to the open kitchen where the chef/owner gets a horrible attitude which is obviously directed at us. He mutters something and acts really mad, which we are watching the whole time. Lobster fritters finally come out and there was no lobster in them. Hubby said he saw a little but I saw NONE. It was all fried batter and they were somewhere around $17 dollars or so. Rather than complain about the fritters, we just ate the rest of our meal which wasn't memorable, paid and left. Again, the waitstaff couldn't have been better. It looked like maybe they were college kids working there, but the chef/owner needs to hang up the job or the attitude. He was just plain rude!! To say the least, we won't be going back. It's really sad when a town like Boothbay strives to please their tourists during the summer because that is their "bread and butter", so to speak and then you get a jerk like the chef/owner and it runs the customers off. I so loved my stay in Boothbay so much. The people, places and things to do and see are wonderful, with one exception, the chef/owner of Dockside Grill.

1  Thank villavoo
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Architecturally this eatery is one cut above your open-to-the-weather seafood-in-the-rough joint.
Service: no frills and friendly--what you'd expect from a summer gig between semesters.
Our food? Memorable! If I had an open afternoon in Portland I would drive the 90 minutes up to Booth Bay Harbor just to have the twin hot lobster rolls with drawn butter preceded by an appetizer of onion rings.
Lobster couldn't have been sweeter or more flavorful. To satisfy your appetite for lobster, the Dockside Grill is very affordable, nicely sited and utterly free of pretense and claptrap.

2  Thank Russ W