“Not bad at all”

Flagship Inn
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Boothbay Harbor
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed September 11, 2009

We stayed for two nights while visiting Maine. It's your basic motel. It was very clean and the staff were wonderful. The continental breakfast was more than I expected. There was cereal, danish, bagels, fresh fruit and probably some other things I didn't notice. The pool was nice too, very clean and the hot tub was fabulous! My only complaint was that the beds were doubles, not queens. My fault for not noticing that when I made the reservations. We thought about changing hotels for the second night because we were so uncomfortable, but ended up not being able to, probably due to the Labor Day weekend.

We ate at the restaurant in the parking lot after having driven inland for quite a while and not finding any place to eat (rather surprising to us). The food was very good and a nice value. There's also a supermarket right next door which is convenient. We drove into town and had no problem parking thankfully.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed September 11, 2009

Spent only one night here. The room was clean, large and comfortable. The bathroom was clean and stocked with plenty of towels. Very nice pool area. The breakfast was ok, nothing special. The location was not far from the harbor. Didn't have much interaction with the staff. All in all, a good place to stay for a good price!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 7, 2009

I would much rather spend my money on activities, than on an expensive hotel, so we booked at the Flagship Inn. We were very pleased. There was a pool, and hot tub, we used all day. close to everything, the connecting rooms worked great. The staff was so freindly. Our housekeeper directed us to the best places to see. We also grilled out!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Tara2000
Reviewed September 2, 2009

This is a very average/plain motel that is right off the main road (busy) into town. It is not in the town where the views are and where the shops, etc are located. It is more like a motel you would stop at when you get too tired to drive. The tv is tiny, the rooms are somewhat worn, there is no smoking yet we saw the woman cleaning the rooms smoking while she was working and a few others smoking in their doorway. For breakfast, it was nice out in the barn with yogurt, bagels and cereal but it was disconcerting to have two employees stand there and watch you while you ate - we finally got up and took our food back to the room. I guess it depends on what you want - if you want to be away from the main attraction of the gorgeous town, then this is where you would stay.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank Barbara45
Reviewed September 1, 2009

We would NOT recommend the FLAGSHIP INN. Although the rooms were clean and prices reasonable but the MANAGEMENT and FRONT DESK STAFF were RUDE and IMPATIENT and don't know how to treat customers properly...

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kitandkat09
Reviewed August 27, 2009

Well my boyfriend and I made a last minute decision to take another trip to Maine,but could not decide where to go. We were thinking about going back to Bar Harbor, however, while I was looking on Mapquest I noticed this little place called Boothbay Harbor. Seeing how we have a boat and love boating, I thought this place would be nice as we could bothe enjoy loking at the marina and shopping at the cute little boutiques.

I was a little nervous of where to pick to stay. The places we looked at that were directly in Boothbay Harbor where all very pricy and none had a pool. While googling the different motels and hotels, I came across the Flagship Inn. I read all the reviews and could not belive all the great things people had to say.

Well now I am adding my own little blurb to tell you that I AGREE 100%! The Flagship Inn was not only clean, it only cost us 109.00 per night versus the other hotels in the area which were all averaging 165.00 and up.

When we first checked in, I was pleased that our room was ready right away and there was no wait at all. The staff was very friendly and made us feel very comfortable. Our room was around the back and on the top floor with a king size bed. I could not believe at how large and clean the room was. Once we got checked in, we went straight for the pool as it was very hot. The pool was also very clean and very refreshing.

This motel is located literally seconds from the hub of everything. I was so pleased that I wish I would have booked two nights instead of just one. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who likes to not pay a fortune, likes clean motels and friendly staff.

Also if you are looking for a place to eat supper, I recommend the Brown's Wharf Restaurant. It is on the other side of the harbor so it gives you another view to enjoy. We ate on the deck and I didn't want to leave. It was very romantic and reasonably priced. I had the lobster cobb salad and would soooo get it again!

Michelle and Ryan

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Princess1Canada
Reviewed August 20, 2009

we spent only one night during our holiday in Maine (family with two teenagers) and were happy to stay. great place, clean and not expensive. perfect location, close to the center, just 5minutes by car, calm and quiet.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family