“Pet Friendly”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Rindge
“Pet Friendly”
Reviewed February 19, 2012

This was our first time at the Flagship Inn. We had our 2 dogs and we were satisfied with everything. Most hotels I checked had a weight limit on dogs and the Flagship had no limit and there were even treats in the room for the animals. The room was extremely clean, the price was right and the staff was friendly. With or without the dogs I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lynn D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Jackson, WY
Reviewed January 13, 2012

For $79.18 during the off-season, we got exactly what we needed: a respectable room with wi-fi; parking outside our door (raining); a basic, no-frills breakfast; a lobby computer; and a grocery store next door. During our dinner at Robinson's Wharf & Tugs Pub, we were surrounded by locals and a wonderful view of a working harbor.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
North Bennington
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We have stayed at the Flagship Inn several times over the past few years, with and without our dog. Although the hotel was reasonably priced, a good value, and claimed to be "pet friendly," when we arrived at the room it was barren and cold, with no rug anywhere for ourselves or for our pet. When I inquired at the desk about a rug, the answer -- "we don't provide rugs for our rooms with dogs."

They did not accommodate our needs, the staff was unfriendly, and based on our experience, I would not stay there again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank cody008
mbarter, Manager at Flagship Inn, responded to this review, January 23, 2012
I'm terribly sorry that your experience at the Flagship Inn was less than perfect. We pride ourselves on being "pet friendly". All pet rooms are equipped with a water bowl, treats and a toy for your dog or cat to enjoy. We have a wonderful walking trail for your dog as well.

We have chosen not to carpet the pet friendly rooms. We find the laminate flooring is much cleaner and easier to disinfect for the safety of your pet.
East Waterboro, Maine
Reviewed December 5, 2011

I would highly recommend the Flagship Inn in Boothbay Harbor. The room was very clean and comfortable . It is located close enough to town and restaurants. The price per night is very reasonable and the staff was friendly. I am looking forward to staying there in the Spring!

Room Tip: check out their website online
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank ossipee
Portland, Maine
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I recently stayed at the Flagship Inn in Boothbay for almost five weeks on a work assignment.

I found this place to be great. The rooms were standard and clean.

I brought the dog with me as I'm a contractor with a constant front seat companion. The first room I was in smelled a little doggy and my mutt wasn't comfortable as he was in an unfamiliar surroundings so I sent him home with the GF. I was going to ask to be moved to a non-dog friendly room, but when I came back from work my room was spotless and the carpets had been cleaned (or something) because the dog smell was gone. I spent my time there mostly in one room, but was in three rooms overall. All three were spotless.

The rooms on the left (east) side of the property get a better wi-fi (FREE) signal.

The breakfast room is bright and airy, there is plenty of room and a nice continental breakfast and very good coffee. They have a big flat screen TV so you can watch the news with breakfast. There are some BBQ pits on the sunny side of the building which we used when the weather was good.

This property was mostly occupied by retired fall travelers who all seemed to be enjoying the Flagship and the surrounding Boothbay region.

The pool and hot tub were really nice. Beautiful solid concrete pool and hot tub, both spotless. They kept it open until Oct 1st which was wonderful as I used it a bunch after work.

The lawns and grounds were nicely landscaped and well maintained. The property sits adjacent to the Boothbay Harbor High School and there Football field is right next door. Many of the residents turn out to watch the local football games and there seems to be quite a lot of school spirit. All the kids I met in this town at the grocery, variety store, restaurants were really nice and polite. This is a nice place to grown up I'm sure.

There are tons of available restaurants available in the off season. Right in the parking lot is a nice restaurant (CJ'S). The prime rib was so-so, but other meals I ate there were good. Across the street is a combo gas station/ variety, pizza and sandwich shop. The pizzas were great on the nights I was too tired to go out for dinner. Down the road the Chinese restaurant (China Sea) and the pub across the street (Pot Buoy Pub) were both great. Good food, good people.

My truck broke down while I was staying there and I took it across the street to Hawkes Motors and they fixed it for $200.00 less than I was quoted. That never happens at home.

I very much enjoyed my stay in Boothbay despite the job I was on for the month. The staff at the Landmark are truly friendly and helpful at anytime of day or night.

A bargain for the price.

Cheers

Room Tip: Looking in from the street the rooms on the left side are on the Sunny (east) side
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank takemetonegril
Devon
Reviewed October 29, 2011

The rooms are a good size with king bed, fridge and microwave. Free internet. Very clean and staff are welcoming. A bit out of the main village/town about a 10/15 min walk but easy to get to and loads of parking. Straightforward breakfast and enjoyed the wafflemaker. Good value place to stay. Will will use again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Palm, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Being our first time in Boothbay, we found the front desk was very helpful in planning out our evening. The room was standard in size and clean. Breakfast was fresh and filling. We even got to enjoy the Boothbay high school football game from the balcony.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
#1 of 3 in Southport
Spruce Point Inn Resort and Spa
Spruce Point Inn Resort and Spa
#1 of 13 in Boothbay Harbor

Been to Flagship Inn? Share your experiences!