The place is beautiful. The grounds are impressive and the location is fabulous. For the amount paid for food, which was discounted, the food was disappointing and less than sanitary. I was not a fan of being served the same food in the same bowls on day 2 of our convention as day 1. I was first in line for lunch day 2 and the potato salad and cole slaw had spoon tracks in them from the day before, liquid had pooled in the tracks and they re-served uneaten food from the day before in the same bowls. Gross. The food served at dinner looked yet tasted less desirable like something you would make out of a bake it in a bag, no consistency plate to plate. The staff there were great, they were not enough of them because of the time of year. If you are going to provide a convention to 175+ people, have the staff to pull it off. The the tables were the wrong size for the vendors and were not as promised. A mish mash of 8ft and 6ft tables when 6ft was requested. The fees to use on the tables on site (set by the resort) were ridiculous. The accoustics in the Pemaquid room made it impossible to have other meetings in the sub rooms. All in all, not a great convention venue, perfect for a wedding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- MAINE'S CLASSIC OCEANSIDE RESORT A Conde Nast 2016 'Top 20 Northeast Resort' and Downeast Magazine 2016 'Best Hotel/Resort in Maine', Spruce Point Inn is exactly what most guests picture when they think of an oceanside resort in Maine. For more than 125 years, the Inn has attracted travelers from across the United States and provided a refreshing backdrop for families and friends to create 'treasured oceanside memories made in Maine'. On a private 100 acre peninsula on the ocean overlooking the entrance to Boothbay Harbor and Burnt Island Lighthouse, the Spruce Point Inn is an ideal venue for memorable reunions, seaside weddings, romantic getaways and business retreats. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Spruce Point Inn Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spruce Point Hotel Boothbay Harbor
- Spruce Point Resort
- Spruce Point Inn Resort And Spa Boothbay Harbor, Maine