We stayed in a three bedroom cottage in September 2012 - two grandparents, son and daughter in law plus one granddaughter. The accommodation was very good, clean and well presented. The general service was also good and friendly, especially the room service maids.and the garden workers. The hotel provides a free launch to take you into Boothbay and the trip is a tourist attraction on its own - the boat captain is knowledgeable, entertaining and goes the extra mile to show you things. If you are not in a hurry he will do a tour of the bay for you.
The only disappointment, and it was a big one, was eating in their #2 restaurant, Bogie's. The food was poor, indifferently cooked, expensive and uninteresting and the service was uninformed (did not know how dishes were cooked), inexperienced (did not know how to serve at a table) and frankly terrible (including having to be asked to wipe up beer that he himself had split). At one point the waiter disappeared for 20 minutes and came back sticking of cigarette smoke.
Maybe this was a one off, but we were not prepared to risk a second attempt and did not eat in the hotel again - there are lots of restaurants in Boothbay.
So five stars for accomodation, zero stars for that meal.
My recommendation: stay there but skip the restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- MAINE'S CLASSIC OCEANSIDE RESORT A Conde Nast 2016 'Top 20 Northeast Resort' and Downeast Magazine 2016 'Best Hotel/Resort in Maine', Spruce Point Inn is exactly what most guests picture when they think of an oceanside resort in Maine. For more than 125 years, the Inn has attracted travelers from across the United States and provided a refreshing backdrop for families and friends to create 'treasured oceanside memories made in Maine'. On a private 100 acre peninsula on the ocean overlooking the entrance to Boothbay Harbor and Burnt Island Lighthouse, the Spruce Point Inn is an ideal venue for memorable reunions, seaside weddings, romantic getaways and business retreats. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Spruce Point Inn Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spruce Point Hotel Boothbay Harbor
- Spruce Point Resort
- Spruce Point Inn Resort And Spa Boothbay Harbor, Maine