I had the opportunity to stay at the Spruce Point Inn with my fiance the weekend before the 4th of July. We were celebrating our anniversary that weekend. We stayed in Balsam 2, an amazing oceanview room. We were facing the outdoor pool, harbor, and the SPI dock. The view was spectacular. The porch had two nice chairs to sit on and enjoy the view, which we did a lot during our stay. The bathroom was very large and had a whirlpool jacuzzi and separate stand up shower. I loved the bathroom. The room had its own fridge and coffee maker with a variety of K cups to use. Our favorite part about the SPI is all of the activities that you can take part in. We rode bikes (I conquered my 15 year fear of riding a bike after breaking my arm years ago), played shuffleboard, used both pools, game room, and the best part was sitting around a fire both nights eating smores. I would also recommend SPI to families. It has so many activities, kids would not get bored. One thing I noticed was that the hotel, although almost at full capacity never felt crowded. We always got a spot to sit at the pool and in the beautiful chairs they have facing the ocean around the property. There were children around, but I didn't even notice them. Everyone seemed content and spread out on the large property. On Saturday night we went on the Sarah Mead, a sailboat that docks at SPI. It was extra special to cruise right from the dock at our inn out into the beautiful ocean. We were with another couple (the boat seats 6). It was a very relaxing, romantic sail. It was both of our first times sailing and I would highly recommend this. I would also highly recommend having a wedding at SPI. Being a bride myself, I was in awe at the wedding that was taking place that weekend. It is gorgeous place to hold a ceremony, rehearsal dinner etc. I kept saying, I wish I was having my wedding here. So, if you know anyone who is looking for a Maine Destination Wedding - this is the place! The staff at the inn was always extremely helpful and friendly. I was really able to relax here. It was different than any other places I've been before. I have traveled quite a bit in my life and this is definitely a hidden gem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- MAINE'S CLASSIC OCEANSIDE RESORT A Conde Nast 2016 'Top 20 Northeast Resort' and Downeast Magazine 2016 'Best Hotel/Resort in Maine', Spruce Point Inn is exactly what most guests picture when they think of an oceanside resort in Maine. For more than 125 years, the Inn has attracted travelers from across the United States and provided a refreshing backdrop for families and friends to create 'treasured oceanside memories made in Maine'. On a private 100 acre peninsula on the ocean overlooking the entrance to Boothbay Harbor and Burnt Island Lighthouse, the Spruce Point Inn is an ideal venue for memorable reunions, seaside weddings, romantic getaways and business retreats. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Spruce Point Inn Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spruce Point Hotel Boothbay Harbor
- Spruce Point Resort
- Spruce Point Inn Resort And Spa Boothbay Harbor, Maine