“Cabbage Island Clambake Is The Best Lobster Trip Ever”
Review of Cabbage Island

Cabbage Island
Reviewed August 24, 2011

This boat trip and lobster/clambake is a wonderful day trip. After trying it the last time we visited Maine, we had to bring friends back with us this year so they could taste the best lobster and homemade blueberry cake ever made. You should make reservations so not to be disappointed because they are usually sold out. The staff on the island were just the most accommodating bunch of young people. We ate on a picnic bench that was put in the perfect spot where we could view the cooking on the beach as well as the surrounding waters. Our friends have now added this as a "must do" every year. Lots of locals book this trip yearly.

1  Thank seasidewh

Reviewed August 22, 2011

Aside from the mob scene waiting to get on the boat this was an absolutely wonderful experience. We felt very welcome and enjoyed the food very much. The yound staff was impressive. They seemed to love their work and they were very attentive.
Loved it!

1  Thank GabriellaPortsmouth
Reviewed August 20, 2011

A wonderful and relaxing experience! What a fabulous meal, the staff is wonderful and the boatride scenic. A must to do when in the area. You need a reservation and they take cash or check only.

Reviewed August 16, 2011

We met a couple in line waiting to get on the boat and had a fantastic time. The trip over to the island is very scenic and then of course the food is wonderful. They have been doing this for a long time and have it down to an art. It was a beautiful day on the island. Then as we were leaving we went into the gift shop. There behind the register was none other than Bennie Alice, for whom the boat is named and one of the original family members. What a treat.

Reviewed August 14, 2011

We read that Cabbage Island was the top attraction in Bootbay Harbor, Maine. Wrong. Cabbage Island was probably one of the best attractions I have ever visited!

What makes it the best? The staff, the staff, the staff and can I say the staff? What makes it the best? The food, the food, the food and can I say the food? What makes it the best? The scenery, the scenery, the scenery and can I say the scenery? What makes it the best? Can I say the value, the value, the value and can I say the value?

Thank you Nancy, for calling my group at the last minute and asking us if we still wanted to go. Thank you unknown persons for backing out at the last minute for my group to enjoy a fabulous time!!!!

1  Thank Dianadean