“I exspected a big aquarium so I was disopointed”

Maine State Aquarium
More attraction details
Owner description: A popular aquarium for families, with an unusual attraction: a shark-petting tank.
Milford, Pennsylvania
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“I exspected a big aquarium so I was disopointed”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

When I hear Aquarium I thing large tank lots of fish. It was a bunch of smaller tanks though displays were done well. What they did have they did to the best they could. For young children its fine for 10 min or so. Parking is limited as well. Cost us 20.00 for family of 4

Visited July 2013

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome touch tank”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Took my 4 and 2 year old to the aquarium this afternoon. It is literally one room. If you are not staying close to the Boothbay area, I would not make a trip just to see the aquarium. They do have an awesome touch tank with local Maine sea creatures. My kids really enjoyed picking up the starfish, scallops and hermit crabs. They also have a pretty neat tank that has small sharks the kids can touch.

Cleveland, Ohio
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Small but somewhat interesting”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

It is a one room museum, but on a rainy day it is something to do. Will not take you more than an hour to see everything and they have a blue lobster that only happens 1 in a million times. For about $5.00 I would say go (if it is a rain day)

Baltimore, Maryland
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Always enjoy this”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We petted sharks, played with scallops, lobsters, sea cucumbers and sawfish. We were wowed by the twenty pound lobster. The staff are knowledgable and patient with kids. We took the tour, and we all learned a lot about testing for red tide, lobster shell disease, etc. Try to make time for this one. Allow two hours.

Hertfordshire
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great for a couple of hours fun with kids”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Great for a visit and to learn about lobster fishing and for the kids to touch the fish / sharks.
Also worth taking a picnic as great spot and view.