“Dishonest Management”

Beach Cove Waterfront Inn
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Boothbay Harbor
Reviewed September 30, 2010

I went this past week and the hotel was dead, only 6 cars in the entire lot, so it was quiet. The room was sufficient for an one night stay to get to Acadia National Park. The view from the hotel room could have been better (explained later) overlooking the calm harbor waters. The complementary breakfast consisted of muffins and danishes, nothing exciting.

On to why I gave only 3 stars...I requested for room 14 which is suppose to be a balcony king bed with a great UNOBSTRUCTED view of the waters (see picture). When I got to the hotel, they told me my room was being painted and that I would not want to stay in a room with fresh paint smell, so we were switched for room 10. It was the same balcony king room but with the pool right in your balcony site. Of all the rooms available, they put us in this room. Then to find out in the morning, they had given the room I requested for a month in advance to someone else. I saw the two guests come out of my room with my own eyes.

I tried to confront the lying management and they were nowhere to be found. The office opens at 8AM, but no one was there even at 815AM. They were apparently still sleeping in one of the hotel rooms upstairs. The housekeeper did not speak English and took my keys and told me to leave. I tried getting a receipt and they could not furnish one because the manager was still sleeping.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
MyrtleBeachAndy67, Manager at Beach Cove Waterfront Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2010

When the guest makes a reservation, hotel can only guaranty the type of the room, but can not guaranty the room number. However at the end of the season at the guest specific request for the certain room number we will do our best to accommodate the guest.
As for the second remark- manager arrives before 8 A.M. to oversee preparation of breakfast , check on the room availability and schedule seasonal maintenance. But can be paged to the office by any employee at any time by guest request. In this particular situation the room #14 has been scheduled for the paint touch up and seasonal maintenance. When the room was done and air out, it has been rented later on.
Unfortunately in this case guest made a reservation by himself from online and never called to request a certain room number.

There are newer reviews for Beach Cove Waterfront Inn

Reviewed September 14, 2010

Very close to "downtown" Bootbay, but secluded on a quiet lakefront with boating privileges included - with a small island, fun to explore with kids. Run by a family who takes pride in making the best of your stay: good coffee, tasty muffins in the morning, help with directions, restaurant recommendations... Great remodeled comfortable rooms. Excellent lobsters just around the corner! Highly recommend it!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Anna_De
Reviewed August 15, 2010

My partner and I stayed two nights in June. We wish we had stayed the entire week! Even though Ogunquit and Bar Harbor were nice, this location was magical. From the clean space to the beautiful balcony, we couldn't have asked for a better room! The drive into town isn't bad, either. And the seating areas next to the lake are extremely relaxing. We enjoyed watching the birds fly in and out. We even told the owners (amazingly nice!) it was like watching an airport, minus the noise. We will return. This hotel has to be a secret due to the low costs. We had the pleasure of seeing Suzy Boggus at the Boothbay Harbor Opera House. What a memorable two days...And we even made a new friend.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2010

When we first stayed five years ago, we brought our kids and dog. This time we just brought one another. This is a dream location for the cost. Select room 23 (our anniversary date) for the absolute best view. The room is huge and spartan, but then the idea is to get out and enjoy Boothbay. Momma D's is the perfect breakfast walk away. Play in the crazy nice sea salt pool or take one of the complimentary boats on to the beautiful cove/bay (life vest included). Adirondack chairs on the lawn await a quiet moment with a good book. Yes, we will be back, but I hate telling you that for fear of not getting a room then.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MrLlorrac
Reviewed July 14, 2010

My fiance and I stayed at Beach Cove Hotel this past May for a week. It's perfect getaway for a couple.Located only few minutes from downtown and wonderful seafood restaurants. The rooms were recently renovated and clean.The rates very affordable,so we had chance to rent a deluxe balcony room.View from our private balcony was absolutely amassing.Coffee and muffins every morning.The owners are very friendly and helpful,they create a good atmosphere. Definitely gonna be back there.It's like our second home now. I also have a few pictures from our vacation that i want to share with you...
Anna.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2010

We were pleased with the services they provided, very friendly and nice staff. The rooms were recently renovated and clean. No restaurant, yet fresh fruit, coffee and muffins in the morning were just what we wanted before heading downtown. Kids liked heated pool and space where they could play. The veiw from our balcony was picturesque and peaceful.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 11, 2010

We had a wonderful stay at Beach Cove Hotel. The owners were super nice and extremely informative about things to do in the area, they offered reccomendations and had great advice. I loved how everything was nearby, this made it very easy for us to fit in lots of activities without the hastle of driving around. We had a spectacular view overlooking the lake from our balcony. It was such a pleasure taking our family photos in this beatiful landscape, every shot was picture perfect. Our hotel room was very spacious and neat, there was always freshly brewed coffee down in the lobby as well as fruit and baked goods. Basically if you want the most value for your money then Beach Cove Hotel is where you will find it.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
#1 of 3 in Southport
Boothbay Harbor Inn
Boothbay Harbor Inn
#8 of 12 in Boothbay Harbor

Been to Beach Cove Waterfront Inn? Share your experiences!