“Something for everyone”

3-Day New England Country Christmas
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Boothbay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens is a natural wonder on 270 acres of shorefront in mid-coast Maine. Strolling through spectacular ornamental gardens and traversing miles of waterfront and woodland trails, visitors are delighted by the beautiful plantings, impressive stonework, waterfalls and fountains, and scenic views. It's no wonder the Gardens have been hailed as one of Maine's top three attractions. The Gardens are open 9-5 April 15 - October 31 (open until 6 pm in July and August). There is a cafe and gift shop on site. A visit at any time is a memorable experience.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed May 11, 2012 via mobile

We booked a package at the Tugboat Inn that included tickets for the gardens. We spent the whole day here! We had lunch at the cafe and went back out and did it all again and saw several things we had missed the first time. The children's garden is delightful for all ages. I did have my boys with me but I think I was more excited then they were, just kidding. The sculptures, hiking trails, sensory gardens are amazing and the flowers are spectacular! You do not need to be an avid gardener to enjoy a day here. It is fun and it can be as educational ad you choose to make it! I love this place!

1  Thank jingleflora

Reviewed May 9, 2012

A little known fact is that the Garden often presents beautiful dinners featuring the outstanding chefs of the area far and wide. In what is ordinarily their cafe, they set up elegant dinners, and the visiting chefs do their very best to impress. And they do. Foodies love these events. All proceeds help support the Garden.

1  Thank johnH1892DD
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Lovely lay-out, delightful paths, beautiful panoramic scenery, glorious foliage and flowers galore, make this a place you'll want to spend the day strolling and sitting and enjoying the scenic wonders available at the Coastal Main Botanical Gardens. There's a lovely cafe an exhibition hall as well. Bring your camera, there's thousands of photo-op experiences. Makes a trip to the Boothbay Region a memorable one. Don't miss this serene opportunity not available anywhere else.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

My husband and I love to visit the gardens when traveling in Maine. This time we brought our kids along and they loved it, too! The gardens are kept up well as well as the many paths for walking along. (Not a place for strollers) We love the many different trails and gardens and consistently make an effort to visit. This was our first time there since the Children's garden opened (we missed visiting last year), and we loved the atmosphere of this garden. Our 5 year old loved the different activities he could do, even though many of the activities weren't open because of the season. Definitely a must-see for nature lovers.

Reviewed April 20, 2012

This is a photographer's haven!!! So brillant! So many different kinds of flowers/trees/shrubs etc....Perfectly blended together, always something in bloom! So clean, all around. Well maintained indeed. The little cafe is homey and good food, just alittle pricey, but good. I have been here several times, and now that spring has sprung, I shall be making another trip very soon!