We recently stayed at White Anchor Inn while taking our children to Day out With Thomas. May I just say that the location is phenomenal - it was right across the street from the Train Museum, and only 5 minutes from the downtown area. We also loved the big backyard, while there is no play equipment, it does provide lots of area for children to run around and play. All rooms have private balconies, and there were lots of lawn chairs provided. Staff was very friendly, and the rooms while small and a bit dated, are EXCEPTIONALLY clean and provide a/c. There were only 3 things we noticed:
1. There are no toiletries included (little shampoos, soap etc...), so bring your own.
2. We were traveling with other people, and out of all of us we were never able to get the WiFi to work, except for a few minutes the first night.
3. They advertise as having a continental breakfast, but do not plan on it for your breakfast (which unfortunately we did, with the kids). All that is provided is milk, apple juice, tea, coffee, and a few pre-packaged (Little Debbies) pastries. No boxes of cereal, toast, fruit (not even a toaster or microwave so you could bring your own and do it) etc...
Overall it was a nice stay, but in all honesty, for an extra $10 a night we could have gone to a place that provided a true continental breakfast to feed our kids and had an in room fridge, coffee maker and microwave.
However, if they ever decide to do a real continental breakfast (toast, fruit, cereal etc...), then I'd say this is the perfect hotel for the money.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your White Anchor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Anchor Inn Boothbay, Maine