Blue Hill Inn
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Blue Hill
See available hotels
Twilite Motel(Ellsworth)
  • Restaurant
Colonial Inn(Ellsworth)
View Hotel
All reviewsb bblueberry pancakescocktail houreach afternoonevery amenitymoment we walked in the doorbeautiful mainethe entire staffnext morningfull kitchencomfy bedthose placeslocal ingredientsbeautiful roombreakfast itemsa lovely stayacadia national park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Lovely inn close to everything. Food was exceptionally good. The inn was spotless=clean, clean clean! Comfy bed, good size room (room 8) although the shower is a little tight. There is an outdoor garden with shade and a hammock.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed two nights last week (6/7,6/8/2012) at the BHI, our second visit (we stayed last July as well). Blue Hill is one of our most favorite places in Maine- a charming place with close proximity to several lovely coastal villages and small towns. There is no better place in the area to stay and truly enjoy great hospitality than at the BHI.
The Inn is truly a gem- a blue sapphire with many facets and meticulous attention to details by the owner- Sara and her superb team- Kip, Devon (the fabulous chef whose flavorful creations are exquisite) and other energetic, hard working team members- all focused on taking great care of guests. With great elegance.
It is really a home away from home for us and we will return in the fall. Cant wait to get back.
Ravi and Selina, Conyers, GA

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are perfect for lingering in the parlor over coffee, reading etc before turning in for the evening. All the rooms are very well appointed and with their individual flair.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RKSK1
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I'm very late in writing this review, Sara. Sorry!

We stayed at The Inn at Blue Hill for three nights last September Our room was in the adjacent building and it was more like a lovely self contained cottage with a kitchen, sitting area and pretty deck overlooking the side lawn. Sara has thought of absolutely everything one might want when away from home and she and her staff are exceptionally warm and welcoming.

We ate our breakfast there each day and enjoyed two of their dinners. The recommended Arborvine restaurant was the best meal we had during our 12 day tour of Maine.

We liked the Inn and surrounding area enough to plan a return visit soon

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank OhioFrancophile
Reviewed December 8, 2011

I stayed at The Blue Hill Inn in the Cape House Suite over Thanksgiving. It was immaculate, light, and airy. The kitchen was stocked with breakfast items, snacks, and coffees/teas based on my personal preferences. When I made the reservation, the innkeeper, Sara, inquired about my eating likes/dislikes and stocked the pantry and fridge accordingly. I specifically booked the Suite because of the large, wood-burning fireplace. Knowing the fireplace was important to me, Sara made certain I always had an ample supply of firewood throughout my stay - even on Thanksgiving day. Sara is an exceptional host/owner and the Blue Hill Inn is a treasure. As a frequent traveler, I rate this property at the top of my list based on the property itself and the exceptional service. I will definitely return. And, during the winter, it is a real bargain with the "stay 3 nights for the price of 2" deal - at the off-season rate! Next to the fireplace, my favorite feature was the large, "soaking" tub in the large bathroom. This is truly a property worth trying!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Traveler6754
Reviewed October 20, 2011

We booked for three nights and only stayed one. Usually, when that happens, something went dramatically wrong and the customers storm off in a huff. That definitely was not true in this instance.
To backtrack, we booked a three-night stay in the suite for Columbus Day weekend. However, after settling in, I noticed a musty smell that was really annoying. (We assumed it was from a recently lighted fire). An air freshener didn't help. So I asked the owner, Sarah, if it would be possible to move to a different room. She couldn't oblige, because the inn was full.
And this is when Sarah excelled. She offered to call around to see if another room could be found for the night. Consider for a moment that would have cost her a substantial amount of money. I refused, in part because her gesture was so grand. I also was hopeful that things would improve in the room.
They didn't, and the next morning, we informed her that we had to leave. She not only waived the remaining room fee, but after I wanted to purchase some preserves she had for sale, she gave them to me gratis.
What I can also say was that the breakfast was excellent, and the rooms we saw in the main house (the suite is next door) were charming. I assume our problem was a fluke, and if only for the experience of staying with Sarah, a most gracious hostess, you should definitely consider the Blue Hill Inn if you are in the area.

Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple