“Amazing food, awesome service, lovely atmosphere!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Arborvine
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Blue Hill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Portland, Maine
“Amazing food, awesome service, lovely atmosphere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2011

We go to this restaurant every time we have the good fortune to be in the Blue Hill area. The food is always excellent - without exception. The menu is inspired; the food is always cooked to perfection. Just be sure you don't eat for several hours beforehand, because you're going to want to try one of everything. Oh, and save room for dessert!!

Blue Hill, Maine
“Great grand opening!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2011

My husband and I enjoyed a rare night out at Deepwater Brewing at the Vinery (at Arborvine) and were not at all disappointed. It was worth every minute of the meter running on our sitter!! The new beers were terrific (and I'm not a beer drinker) and the food was great and reasonably priced. The calamari was quite unique and I've been craving it ever since. We both thoroughly enjoyed our meals and will definitely be back again. We just wish they were open year-round for us locals!

Blue Hill, Maine
“Arborvine is such a treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2011

My husband and I go to Arborvine several times a year and it is such a treat. The food is very good, beautifully presented and the service is great. The staff always makes us feel welcome and I am impressed by the personal details at each visit. There are fireplaces in the dining rooms, which are so cozy to sit next to. It is relaxing, easy to lose track of time and become engrossed in conversation during an evening at Arborvine.

Bar Harbor, Maine
“Highly overrated for what it is and a big disappointment.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2011

My wife and I went there to celebrate our Anniversary and it was a disaster. Ordered the wine and two different salads which were very good. The entrees were served [rack of lamb & diver scallops] and were both cold to luke warm. We asked the server to please return them hot - she was pleasant about it. When they finally returned, they were still the same [cool] temperature! She again returned and we told her there was no improvement, so we gave up and asked for the check for the wine & salads {$61.90}. She brought the dinners out a 3rd time and they now looked like "death on a plate". We declined and paid for what we ate. We went to Ellsworth disgusted and had some ice cream for "dinner". Oh, the atmosphere they advertise: PLASTIC FLOWERS ON THE TABLE AT A PLACE THAT ADVERTISES "FINE DINING"?..........I don't think so! Find another place to eat.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Scotland
“Excellent, a real treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2011

The Arborvine is a very good restaurant. We went having been told it was the best restaurant in Blue Hill and we were not disappointed. The food is great, using local ingredients when possible. I had very good duck and my wife had excellent halibut, which was, "the best I have eaten in years". There is a comprehensive and reasonably priced wine list. The welcome was very friendly, the service was knowledgeable but not intrusive. The tables are well-spaced and a series of linked rooms in a beautiful old building adds to the cozy atmosphere. We'll be back!

• Visited May 2011