“A Great Find!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“A Great Find!”
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

A great place, and a community hub. We just moved here last year and I have had several great evenings at 66, with my family or when out with the guys. The food is really good, sitting downstairs over the stream is cool and the kids love it. Plus kids eat free which is a nice plus with the family. Upstairs at the bar it is not uncommon to sit and have a beer and find your Doctor and a town selectman sitting beside you. It definitely has a great small town feel.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Apok67

Surry, Maine, United States
“yellow broccoli”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

We had all you can eat ribs, which were fine, they came with just a baked potato. I had to order broccoli separate, it was yellow.Also the special which was a new york strip with a cream sauce it was over cooked and it was $30. It only came with a baked pot. Both meals way overpriced, service was marginal. We were both starving, we hadn't eaten all day, so we ate it all except broc. But we will not go back.

• Visited April 2013
“very good service and food”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My brother took me to Blue Hill for my birthday and we ate here. I'm so glad we did. The server was very thoughtful and friendly without being obtrusive. The food - scallops for me and fish and chips for him- was very good. A little less salt on the scallops would be good, maybe, but they were still very nicely seasoned. The roasted vegetables were awesome. Thinly sliced rings of red onions, mushrooms, peppers and other veggies basted with a balsamic tasting sauce and cooked just right.

For dessert, strawberry shortcake on biscuits with real whipped cream. Apple walnut pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Both very, very good and made on the premises.

I'd recommend this eatery to anyone who wants something a few steps above a chain restaurant meal. Fresh food, cooked to order and served by pleasant and helpful servers. Oh, and you can look out at a babbling brook from most of the windows and there's no annoying muzak, which, along with the good food, is enough to make me want to go back very soon.

• Visited April 2013
Penobscot, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“horrible service”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I have given this place four tries. the first was good, nothing spectacular but good. every time after that service straight up sucked. the second attempt day there were three was a waitress, bartender and another body working there. It was like pulling teeth getting anything. I would like to say there were busy and that was there excuse but there were a whopping six people in the restaurant. Food may be good but you better have an hour and a half to receive food. then the "special" list and the regular menu is one in the same. me and my friend ordered two different sandwiches I had ordered the midnight sandwich, and he something off the special board. we couldn't taste or see any difference from the two. save your cash and time-find some were else.

• Visited March 2013
“Great atmosphere and beer!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

I have lived in this area for a little while now, and 66 seems legendary among the longer time residents for great burgers and food in general. I made my first trip there about 3 weeks ago and have been meaning to return. What a fun and friendly place, it seems the whole town is there from Lobstermen and musicians to surgeons and selectmen. Pretty neat

1 Thank Apok67