“A pub in a strategic spot”

The Pickled Wrinkle
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Description: Great local pub just outside the Schoodic section of Acadia National Park. Serving local seafood and produce whenever available-Darthia Farm Organic salad greens all summer. Fresh, delicious cocktail specials. Families welcome!
Reviewed September 23, 2013

After a gorgeous morning on Schoodic Point, this would not have been our first choice (would have loved a view), but it was fine. My vegetable wrap with homemade hummus, my husband's seafood stew, both were good. The wait staff was attentive, kept track of our water glasses. There also seemed to be a fair number of 'locals', possibly because it seemed to be the only spot in town, but we were satisfied.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

I've been all over the world, and Maine is one of my favorite places to visit. I really don't understand the last reviewer, except maybe he was just having a bad day. My wife and I had hiked Acadia, we had our two Pugs with us, and they were as tired as we were. We had spent the previous week in Bar Harbor and had a lot of fun, but we were looking for a "more" Maine experience than the t-shirt shops and the forced fun that is Mount Desert Island. We took the Bar Harbor ferry over, and I can't tell you how much we laughed with the "stern mate" as they say up there..Esther. Thanks Esther! She recommended that we try the Nautica after our bike ride around Schoodic. She was not wrong. When I travel I like to mingle with the locals. They were so awesome, and we didn't feel out of place at all. The fisherman actually talked to us like we belonged. We had great conversations with everyone there. People from as far away as Bangkok and as close as the same town. I heard they recently sold the place, and I don't know what they were doing before, but the food was great, a lobster roll to die for, the servers really attentive, and the bartenders knew how to mix a drink. Just a great place to visit.

2  Thank Mark T
Reviewed September 8, 2013

It's definitely a locals hangout for food and drink. "Welcomed" by forced and tolerant politeness, it seemed clear they'd prefer to be kept a secret from non-locals. The food was no different than a thousand other places. Don't order the pizza.

1  Thank lrb333
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a pub and so they have pub foods along with lobster dishes and pizza. We had a lobster and corn chowder and a wedge of iceberg lettuce, which were just OKAY, but that said the place was packed with mostly locals and people were getting pizza to carryout. We went here twice, mainly to have a few beers and it is one of the few places on the peninsula that is opened year round. Everyone was very friendly and they invited us to an event that was taking place the next day.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We made it a point to stop here for lunch based on the good reviews from Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed. My husband and I shared a pitcher of beer and he had hot wings and I had the fish and chips. Both were excellent. This is a true local pub and local experience. The owner and waitresses are really nice, attentive, and helpful. My husband said those were the largest and some of the best hot wings he has ever eaten. I really enjoyed the fish and chips(replaced with their onion rings) which were thin and delicious. If we had been in the area more than one day, we would definitely have come back. We recommended this place to others we talked to on the Island Explorer buses,

1  Thank GrandmaP2