“Fabulous place for lunch”
Review of Goldthwaite's

Goldthwaite's
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Seasonal grocery/lobster pound/restaurant on the Southern coast of Maine in scenic Biddeford Pool. Picnic dining area overlooks beautiful Saco Bay with views along the coast up to South Portland. Family-friendly breakfast, lunch, dinner --great menu for the adults will plenty for the kids to choose from. Great desserts and Gifford's hand-scooped ice cream to finish. Great wine and beer selection, though no alcohol can be consumed on site (Maine law). Lobster dinners to eat on site, or live or cooked to order (no extra charge) for take-away breath selection of fresh seafood and handout meats. Store opens 5/13/17 for the summer through 9/12/15, daily. Kitchen opens lunch/dinner daily June 11-Labor Day. Store hours: 7 a.M.-8 P.M. Daily Food Service hours: Lunch/Dinner 11:00-7:30 p.M. Breakfast served on Saturdays & Sundays only 7-10 am.
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We loved the delicious fish and chips...both were the best we've ever had! My husband absolutely loved the clam chowder. We went on a rainy day and still enjoyed the view. One drawback( although it was clean) only port-a-potties!

1  Thank Andrea R

Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is a market store in the small seacoast town of Biddeford Pool that also has fantastic food. I always get the fish and chips because they aren't the typical recipe - these are cornbreaded and peppery. My husband swears they have some of the best lobster rolls along the coast. There is lots more on the menu. While you wait it is fun to browse the unique tshirt offerings and yummy packaged food items available for purchase to enjoy later. There is an enclosed seaview porch if the weather is too cool to eat outside on the picnic tables and Adirondack chair tables facing the outlet of the Saco River into the bay. We like to grab one of those chair tables and watch the lobster boats and yachts moving across the water.

1  Thank cdcentral
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My family and I go up to Biddeford Pool every summer for a week. It is such a beautiful place. I love going to Goldthwaite's. It is convenient to get to and a good place to meet up with family during a busy day. My only complaint is the price of food and items in the store. As a twenty-something on a budget I can only afford to eat there once during the week.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

This place is a centuries old family run general store with a separate restaurant section. As a renter during the summer I absolutely love Goldthwaite's as the place where my family and I get everything...
* Coffee, bagels, muffins, omlettes, newspaper, etc for breakfast.
* Sandwiches and salads for lunch
* Live lobsters and other locally caught seafood, hot dogs, burgers, buns, etc for dinner
* Large beer and decent wine selection
* Plenty of beach toys for the kids
* Milk, fruit, vegetables, chips, bathroom supplies, etc etc etc

Last summer when I rented I went to Goldthwaite's on average at least once per day and when I think of the week I spent vacationing in Biddeford my daily trips to Goldthwaite's is a great memory from the summer.

Reviewed August 22, 2012

Three of this tried this fast food restaurant. It's a type of place that you order from the counter, then they bring the food to you out back on picnic tables. Two orders were fried Haddock, one fried Scallops. The fried scallops were delicious, the haddock, served in a breaded batter fried, was a bit strange and over cooked,thus poor. We loved the view. We gave it mixed reviews and a overall marginal value.

1  Thank Charles U