“Energetic friendly younger generation turned this place into a New York style diner.”
Review of Palace Diner

Palace Diner
Ranked #1 of 87 Restaurants in Biddeford
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

You can't go wrong here. Every dish is delicious! And the atmosphere is awesome. This place is a true gem.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

I found this restaurant on a recommendation. I drove past it once, as it's easy to overlook (TINY PLACE). I was there for breakfast, which was better than I could have expected. HUGE order of French Toast; just delicious! Drive a bit and find this place! One heads-up: CASH ONLY.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

I made my way to the Palace Diner on Thursday 8/7 for lunch with my sister and niece. It was "crazy good," so good, in fact, that I went back with my husband and daughter the next night to have dinner on our way to the Ogunquit Playhouse.

For lunch, my niece and I both had the corned beef hash ($13) which comes with two fried eggs, sunny side up and rye toast. My sister had the omelet of the day (Taylor ham, kale, and cheddar) with hash browns and a side of caramelized grapefruit ($2). Everything was delicious but the grapefruit was so insanely good we had to have a second order.

For dinner, we started with marinated olives ($4). For our main course, my husband and I both had the croquettes made with ham and jalapeno ($7). I had a salad with all kinds of delicious stuff and my husband had the special side of sauteed summer squash and zucchini with bread crumbs and buffalo mozzarella ($11). My daughter had the cheeseburger and fries ($15), which she inhaled. My daughter and I each had a vanilla panna cotta ($5) for dessert. Just like lunch, everything was crazy good. We all practically licked our plates clean.

In the evening, they have a small selection of beer and wine, plus an evening cocktail (which we didn't try). During the day it is cash only but in the evening they take credit cards. Go figure. The place is small--15 stools at the counter. For lunch we had to wait about 5 minutes; for dinner we arrived at 5:30 and were seated immediately.

Open for breakfast and lunch on Wed, Thur, Fri; Dinner on Fri and Sat; and Brunch on Sat and Sun. Absolutely wonderful food that I recommend without hesitation but you are paying Portland prices to eat in a diner. Lunch on Thurs came to ~$54 (with tip; no alcohol) and dinner on Fri was ~$140 (with tip and a few glasses of wine and 2 beers).

Reviewed August 2, 2014

The Palace Diner had been under new ownership the past two summers, and had vastly improved over the previous owner. They have since given up, and a couple of new chefs have taken it over. This latest iteration is even better. The food service is much faster than it had been, the food is still expertly made, so the overall experience got even better. The corned beef hash is homemade and delicious. The breakfast sandwich was very good, and the brown butter banana bread was exactly as promised -- strong banana flavor and a hint of the browned butter -- a wonderful little side dish. All in all, an improved experience, and it was good before. A few of the items, i.e. the corned beef hash are slightly higher priced, but it is reflected in the quality, so no objections there. The breakfast sandwich, meanwhile, is quite reasonably priced. We will be back!

Reviewed July 26, 2014

Don't get me wrong, this place is great. Atmosphere, staff, & food - all 5 stars. The Challah French Toast is fantastically yummy and the corned beef hash has hunks of corned beef. But for 2 coffee's, a grilled cheese sandwich (just a sandwich), a breakfast sandwich, a double stack of french toast, and corned beef hash, two eggs and toast, the bill was $42 - not including tip. Good thing we were on vacation!

3  Thank ppin1pod

Been to Palace Diner? Share your experiences!