“You have to try this place”
Review of Union House Pub & Pizza - CLOSED

Union House Pub & Pizza
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Went to Union House Pub and Pizza for brunch today. Amazing! Just as I expected, food, service and atmosphere, all good. The extra touch of the owner visiting all the tables to make sure everything was good was a nice bonus. I highly recommend this restaurant to everyone. BTW, the pizza is the best around.
It's a great place with a great team of servers and food you will be disapointed with.

1  Thank BethConiaris
There are newer reviews for Union House Pub & Pizza

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Serious foodie here: union House delivers
killer food
personal atmosphere
welcome to biddo's cheers!!

2  Thank Sara R
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

The union house has incredible food. If you are willing to overlook the rude service their nachos are supreme. However the women who answers the phone and deals with orders lacks any customer service skills. She always acts bothered and inconvienced when you call to place an order and treats you with just as much disrespect when you go in. I've been here three times and her attitude is always the same. If they could up their customer service this would be the best place around but until then I'll stick to Alex's.

MEfoodie66, Owner at Union House Pub & Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Sorry that your experience at Union House was less than stellar, we all strive to make EVERY visit great. Please do not think that I am "bothered" by your call or business, just busy... as I work alone during the week for lunch, which leaves me to do many, many jobs. My focus is always on the food, putting out the best possible product, - every single time. I apologize for my lack of phone skills, but can admit being frustrated when a guest calls at lunch time to place and order without knowing what they want, or the 200 telemarketer calls I get on a daily basis. I am human, I work very hard, and like every other person on the planet succumb to stress, it is unfortunate that you did not like my tone of voice over the phone, but I assure you it wasn't personal, nor was I "bothered" just busy! I appreciate your thoughts and certainly will think about how I answer the phone in the future.

Vassie Fowler
Union House Pub & Pizza

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Since the first time I went here they have expanded for more seating and a bar area. No table service for ordering but food was brought to the table and we were checked on multiple times. Buffalo chicken nachos were amazing and there is a large selection of pizzas. We went at opening and they had run out of bacon and sausage the night before so they added more of the other meats for the meat lovers pizza.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Experts are always from away and good restaurants always have to be in another community. This is why it is easy for Biddeford/Saco residents to overlook Union House even though it is in a fantastic setting. However, do yourself a favor and spend some time wandering through the mill building which houses Union House and be amazed at all the small incubator space as well as the engineering prowess which it took to build these structures in the early 1800's. Then enjoy the restaurant's exposed brick walls, the flooring designed to support several tons of machinery and the view out of the windows.

There is more here than just excellent pizza. Share the antipasto with two or three others. Meats, cheeses, artichoke hearts, a lettuce medley and a delightful dressing will make your heart sing.

Just remember that they don't open until noon so if you have an 11:30 craving, wander the mill, look at the original art on the walls and weigh your self on the industrial scale in one of the hallways. The needle will barely move and you will be psychologically ready for dough, cheese and meat.