“Food great, very dark”

Applebee's
Ranked #41 of 91 Restaurants in Biddeford
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

This Applebee's is in the Home Depot shopping plaza. Seems very new.

Service was good, a Monday night, so the place wasn't all that busy. Food was delivered quickly and was exactly what was expected. Ordered a rare steak and it came out rare! Amazing!

I found the entire place was a tad dark for my liking. Each table had one hanging lamp over it, needs a higher wattage or something.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

R U Kidding me? R U just trying to push a more expensive wine, like Chardonnay? Never heard of anyone being out of Pinot Grigio. Besides, Shaws is just down the road. who wouldn't want to avoid this or having to tell a customer
, "We are out of that"? Go get some! A chain? really? I could forgive a Mom and Pop joint but not a franchise. I have owned a franchise before. Shame shame. Who is doing the inventory? Meals were so so. ?My husband and I frequent Applebees all over and Biddeford will be avoided from now on. Portions were scant compared to others...trying to save here as well. Tasty, I will give them that much. The Hostess was pretty much adamant about where we were to sit. We wanted the bar area and she said every which way,...."No I want you to sit here and at this particular booth". We weren't in the mood to argue even though we wanted the bar atmosphere for sports, so agreed reluctantly to sit at the table she was pushing, (on an evening not very busy). Bah. not a good atmosphere or way to have to celebrate your Fathers Day Dinner. NEVER going back to that one, waitress was very hyper as well... Way too elevated and made us nervous. sucky experience. Sorry but we eat out often and this is sub par.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We tried the new shrimp platter with rice and riblets and both were very good. The girl at the hostess stand when you walk was very friendly and our server was also friendly. The food is priced reasonable and the service is always good.

Reviewed December 24, 2012

My boyfriend and I went into the bar to have few beers and appetizers, as we do often. This time there was a male server saying to his manager he was buying shots on the clock but not drinking them on the clock. About 5 minutes later he came from out back and took his shots and drink from the bar and started doing side work while drinking. He made us leave earlier than we planned and spend our money somewhere else. Probably think twice b4 we return... if we do

Reviewed February 25, 2012

A co-worker and I chose the 2 for $20 and enjoyed everything we got. I also ordered a martini, and it was like any other martini at a chain restaurant, very yummy, but not a lot of alcohol in it really. Service was very good. The waiters did not seem too overwhelmed by our party of 13.

Been to Applebee's? Share your experiences!