“Good Mexican Fare”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Montpelier, Vermont
“Good Mexican Fare”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We stopped here while on a road trip in Maine. It was a lazy Saturday with good weather. We chose Bebe's based on positive reviews and had a good experience here. The bartender was friendly, took our orders, and within minutes we had our food ready for a carry out picnic in the city park across the street. We both had vegetarian meals-- my wife had lots of roasted vegetables, tortillas, greens, and salsa. I had beans rice, tomatoes, cheese, lettuce, and flour tortillas. Everything was carefully packed and nicely presented. Good simple food, fairly priced. We'd definitely eat here again-- good food and good service.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank MontpelierGuy

Boston, Massachusetts
“You'll get a better meal at Taco Bell”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Came here with my family on Memorial Day - We did the whole BBQ thing over the weekend so we figured might as well grab a bite before we headed home. We have a place in OOB so we are always looking for new places to try.
My parents had come before and said it was decent, but after this visit I doubt any of us will ever come back.
I like to think that I have a pretty good handle on Mexican food. I eat it often, this was prob the worst Mexican I have ever had.

We started with Nachos ... It came served on tin-foil? ... They werent "bad" but certainly not very good. I have a thing for Jalopeno Poppers, so I normally order them when I see them on a menu. They were defintely frozen ... Lacked flavor. If I had my eyes closed I would have had no idea what I was eating they were that bland and flavorless.

Onto Entrees - I ALWAYS order chimichanga's when I have the opportunity. This was easily the worst one I have ever eaten. It got put down in front of me and I literally had to double take it. It was served plain. No sauce, no "fixings", just a fried tortilla with the dryest chicken I have ever seen in my life inside (more then likely microwaved)... It had some melted cheese in it and rice. What's rice doing in a chimichanga? I asked the waitress if there was any sauce for it and some lady came out and said chimichangas don't normally have sauce on them ... ahhhh?
She asked if I wanted anything for it, but at this point I was so disengaged with the whole meal I just said No. Needless to say I took maybe a bite and that was all I could stomach.

My friend got enchillada's and he wasnt a fan ... and my gf got buffalo chicken tacos and the chicken was the same as the chimichanga ... Dry and flavorless.

If you want Mexican around OOB or Biddeford ... You're better off hitting up Taco Bell ... Or just take the 15 minute ride to Portland. You'll thank yourself later.

• Visited May 2013
West Newfield, Maine
“Healthy Mexican food is possible”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The menu reflects the mission at Bebe's Burritos: good food using the freshest ingredients. The prices are beyond reasonable, with most dishes less than $8. My friend and I split the mucho bueno nachos, which were passable, but a little bland. I had the roasted vegetable quesadillas, which were generously stuffed and tasty. I liked the fact I could choose a whole wheat tortilla. If you don't like sweet potatoes, tho, read the menu carefully, cause bebe's likes to tuck it everywhere, including quesadillas and burritos. The homemade salsa was very good, and the addition of live music is a definite plus, along with the funky decor.

• Visited January 2013
Portland, Maine
“Good atmosphere”
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Bebe's is a fun mexican restaurant in downtown Biddeford and we've gone back many times. It looks like they would have a lively bar scene on weekend nights, but we're never there late enough to find out. Service varies based on the server but it's usually okay. Other people have compared Bebe's to the other Mexican restaurant in town, so I'll weigh in on this. I like the atmosphere better at Bebe's and we usually wind up there when we go into town looking for Mexican food. I think the other Mexican restaurant, Los Tapatios, might have slightly better food but the difference is small and it's easier to relax and have a conversation at Bebe's, so Bebe's is the overall winner for us.

• Visited November 2012
Biddeford
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never got served...”
Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

This is our second visit. We live in town and like to support local businesses and so want this place to be good. First time, food and service was terrible. We decided to give them another shot. A woman came over to our table. Dropped menus on them and walked away without saying a word. Then after about five minutes, the servers were behind us trying to decide who was going to wait on us. They were not that busy. After waiting another five minutes, we got up and left. No one said anything or tried to stop us.
We went to Los Tapitos instead and got great food and service. I've managed quite a few restaurants and this restaurant needs someone in charge. It's funny, they were slow and Los Tapitos was jamming. We aren't the only ones who have figured out the better downtown Mexican restaurant.

1 Thank Jjj371