“Bottom rung, but cheap!”
Review of Biddeford Motel

Biddeford Motel
Biddeford Motel
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Biddeford
Reviewed August 12, 2011

After reading a few online reviews, I was prepared for The Worst, so when I arrived there was no shock & awe. There's a good reason this motel is the cheapest in the area, but depending on your needs and expectations, this may be 'good enough'. Pros: cheap, very easy to find (just a hundred yards down US-1 from the I-95 entry/exit), and ... uh, there's a phone, air conditioner, TV, coffee-maker & bar of soap in the tiny Lilliputian room. And a soda machine outside with 75-cent Cokes (coins only). Cons: old (very - think 1960-ish); needs new paint/carpet/furniture/bathroom and almost everything else in the room; no iron in the room (but that may be a 'pro' depending on the clientele); musty smelling. All-in-all, this is basically a run-down roadside motel you'd half expect to find people hiding in overnight when they're on the lam or out of luck. And then there are people like me who are more or less 'normal' but can't afford the unbelievable, outrageous rates charged by the other hotels/motels in the area. So, even though I felt like my feet were getting dirty by walking barefoot on the carpet, if I found myself in Biddeford Maine again (alone - not with my family), I'd probably stay at this motel because once you get past expecting something nice, it meets the criteria of 'bed and a door that locks'.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed August 6, 2011

My family and I enjoyed it, great place, good rates compared to the rest of the town and area and very friendly staff! Surprised they had high speed wifi

Room Tip: great and clean
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank dellcore
Reviewed September 9, 2010

Don't say here if you expect a clean room. Busy season in area and pre-payment in full was required. Now we know why. We wouldn't choose this motel but it was recommended.
We turned down beds late at night to find both beds perviously used.
When we told manager about the problem and showed her the beds, she insisted the sheets had been washed, those were just stains. Other bed was full of black hair as was the bathroom floor. After a heated agruement she agreed to change sheets; clean sheets were placed on just one bed. Couldn't believe how disgusting the room was let alone the manager's attitude. Wonderful business lady, infact she told us "I am the owner".
STAY AWAY if you expect clean rom and courtesy.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Trish084
Reviewed July 7, 2008

This place is nasty and needs to be closed down! The doors do not work properly and actually locked our kids in the room for 2 hours until the not so bright and friendly owners figured out the door was actually broken, the windows dont work and the place is NASTY DIRTY, pubic hairs all over and the bugs that just so happen to live in the rooms ate us alive. They dont wash the comforters or bed blankets, just the sheets. We had to go and buy our own blankets, pillows and cleaning supplies!!! Just for a weekendend getaway with the kids! NOT RIGHT AT ALL!!!
The Motel WILL NOT give a refund and they dont let you see the room until they have charged your card, I guess I shouldve ran then, no vacancies anywhere else, another red flag, Please dont make the same mistake we did
STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will be reporting them on the State and County levels, they should be shut down.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 9, 2008

We picked this place out of the AAA tour guide and assumed it would be acceptable. However the room was dirty, with peeling wallpaper, a broken light fixture, old, stained, mismatched furniture, just sleazy. Admittedly this was a few years ago, it might be better now, but the experience has stuck with me.
We decided to check out and look for another room. I went to the front desk and asked if we could have a refund. I expressed my feelings about the room. The female proprietor was going to refund half the price of the room, but then her husband stepped in and refused to do it. He denied that there was anything wrong with the room. So, we were out $68, but it was well worth it to be away from that awful place. I considered contacting AAA and asking them why this motel was included in their tour guide at all. It certainly didn't belong there!

• Stayed: August 2005
Reviewed January 6, 2008

wow the people at the office are very nice, this is my 2nd time coming here the 1st time was nice, but the second time they renovated there rooms with new paint,carpet,bed,furniture.Nice and comfy place to stay and its in a quit area, and its the closest motel to Biddeford crossing, which has shoppings malls and a lot of restaurants. They has a lot of cable channels, 2-3 movie channels, and they had the Red Sox network, i stayed for 4-5 days and every night they would have a live game. I loved the fact that they had a refrigerator,in room coffee maker, and microwaves, and they had wireless internet.Not a lot of motels have wireless internet only big hotels or franchises. There are the cheapest in the town. Check out there web site www.biddefordmotel.com. Great place to stay.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank vndpatel
Reviewed July 7, 2007

The room that I initially booked smelled like old sweat, had a non-working remote, and one of the drawers for storage was nailed shut. The room itself was not prepared for guests: there were no plastic cups or free coffee.

I asked for another room, and was given one. I have to admit, the woman at the front desk was very nice and accommodating. However, in the second room, the plumbing in the tub and sink would get clogged up. One of the chair backs was broken. And spiders kept dropping on me from the ceiling. Ech!

I would definately not go back there again!

• Stayed: June 2007
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Biddeford
Holiday Inn Express Biddeford
Exit 5 Motel and Cottages
Americas Best Value Inn Biddeford / Portland
D'Allaire's Motel and Cottages

Been to Biddeford Motel? Share your experiences!