“Great Breakfast Place”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Really like this place for breakfast. I have always had good food. Me and my family enjoy this place regularly.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

I didn't dislike my last few meals at the Cole Road Cafe, but they weren't the same as they used to be. The food wasn't as good, the specials weren't as interesting, and the atmosphere wasn't quite as much fun as it used to be. Some piece of the magic isn't there any more but I don't know what it is. I wouldn't hesitate to go back and I don't want to discourage anyone else from going if they're in the area but it's not one of my favorites any more.

There were also more tables with loud kids. If you've got kids, maybe this is a plus. If not, then maybe it's not a plus. Finally, they only take cash. Several years ago, I know we paid with a credit card.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Delicious food! Great homemade breads. I have been there many times and have never been disappointed. The breakfast menu is varied and fun. Eclectically decorated bright and cheerful. Staff is friendly and efficient. My all time favorite place for breakfast.

1  Thank truffle04102
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We had not been to this place for a couple of years. I think they must have changed chefs because it used to be great but this time it was awful.
I ordered two eggs over easy with homemade hash. The eggs were brown and crusty. The hash was simply ground corned beef - no potato or anything else in there I could tell.
My son ordered chocolate chip pancakes. We almost sent them back thinking they were regular pancakes. Turned out he found about 2 chips per pancake. They were very heavy and doughy.
My other son ordered eggs benedict. The hollaindaise was very thin and very sparse.
The service was fine but this was a very disappointing meal, and not cheap either.
I would not go here again.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We wanted to stop someplace south of Portland for breakfast on a Sunday morning and found this place through TripAdvisor. We stopped around 9:30am and were a little worried about having to wait for a table, but there were plenty of spots and we got seated right away. Service was really fast. Their specialty seems to be variations on eggs benedict, so we got the hash benedict and the spinach and tomato benedict, both of which were very yummy. We were in and out in about 30 minutes without feeling rushed by the waitress. Perfect start to the day!