“The most creative and delicious breakfasts” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cole Road Cafe
Ranked #2 of 8 Coffee & Tea in Biddeford
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wayland, Massachusetts
“The most creative and delicious breakfasts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

You could easily miss this little gem located behind a car wash on Route 1 but if you want a fabulous breakfast, find this spot. Great pancakes and omelettes but even better specials like scrambled eggs with sun-dried tomatoes,artichokes, pesto and Parmesan. Not what you would be cooking at home! Charming decor and very good service.

Longueuil, Canada
“Original breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

Discovered thanks to tripadvisor reviews. I wasn't sure that it would be as great as reviewers said but it was. I have a family of three children (5 and 3 years old, and 15 months old) and it's always with stress that i go to a restaurant (they can scream and the youngest one throws food everywhere).
The waitress was really nice and friendly with the kids and us. The food was very good. Unluckily it was too late when I saw another menu on a board that was on a wall, that's where you can see that there is an omelette with salmon or a home made pie "creme brulee" style (that is not your typical breakfast restaurant).
We took three omelettes and what is great, it is not melted together, I mean that there was the eggs and inside some spinach and feta and tomatoes so you can really see what they add. The pancakes (3) are enormous. I will go there again before the end of my vacations. They really deserve their good reviews.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Nicolas_003
New York City, New York
“excellent food and charming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

We have been to Cole Road Cafe several times and are never disappointed. The food is delicious, the service is wonderful and the restaurant is charming. Its a real gem we will return to whenever we are in the area.

• Visited May 2012
Springvale, Maine
“My Favorite Place for Miles Around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

I eat at the Cole Road Cafe every weekend that I'm in town. I really enjoy the homey atmosphere and the friendliness of the staff. The food is always excellent, served hot and quickly. They carry all the usual breakfast suspects plus a daily changing specials menu. After all, sometimes you're looking for pancakes and bacon, and other times you're looking for a salmon and asparagus scramble with a light dill sauce with rye toast. Be prepared; they are a 'cash only' establishment. Also, they have more capacity than parking, so if you drive by and cars are parked up and down the street, you may still be able to walk in the door and sit right down without a wait.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Eric B
Biddeford, Maine
“best breakfast in twin cities by a mile”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

I first ate here in august 2010 knowing nothing because I had just moved to the area; something about it clicked for me and I have been going back and going back and going back; ambience is friendly and comfortable; staff work very hard but enjoy working there; food is great and is excellent value; owners are visible and wonderful, some of the nicest people I have met in Maine; in sum, Cole Road absolutely knocks the socks off of the Golden Toaster and other comparable twin city eateries; I've tried all of 'em and there really is no comparison; I love Cole Road Cafe a lot, not quite enough to get a tattoo saying so 'cos I'm a scaredy-pants, but, a lot ....

• Visited August 2011