“Nice location, friendly atmosphere with good value.”

Buffleheads Restaurant & Mkt
Ranked #6 of 87 Restaurants in Biddeford
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Stuffed mushroom appetizer was delicious though somewhat rich. I had the flank steak special which was topped with minced olives, anchovies and crab. They did about as good as you can do with a flank steak. It came with potatoes and a mix of steamed veggies which were both very good. I had to finish my wife's baked haddock which was the best of 3 I tried on our trip. Very rich though due to the crab sauce topping. Very good selection of reasonably priced ales and beers. Service was very good but seemed inexperienced and would get an A for effort. Very consistent here compared to previous visits over the years. Have no doubts about returning here again and again.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Recently went with my wife, parents and grandparents. The wait was less than expected for a Firday at 7pm with no reservations, only 30 minutes. The location is amazing, with great water and marsh views. Service was great, friendly and fast. The food is good. Coconut shrimp was tasty and well cooked. A standout from other resteraunts. The fillet topped with lobster on the other hand was a wierd cut, not what I expected with two very small claws (shucked) topping it. It was a good amount of food overall, just the quality and preperation seemed less than the pricepoint. The desert on the other hand is the standout. The brownie a-la-mode is the best desert I may have ever had.

1  Thank BeerEnthusiast
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Buffleheads offers great seafood served in a no frills dining environment, somewhat highly priced the seafood is excellent with a good and fairly typical New England Menu. Portions are ample and the service very good. Good New England Seafood Dining.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

The food was so close to being really good but seemed to lack the pop to go beyond average. For example, the sauces on our dishes all could have been lighter and really brightened up the taste of the rest of the ingredients. The view is just spectacular, but the restaurant could do with some light background music to help create an even nicer experience, as well as perhaps a bit of sprucing up the decor. We'll certainly try it again ordering other items to see if we can find items more to our taste.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Our food was simple, but good. My lobster roll was very good and not too heavily dressed. The best thing that I sampled were the fried clams. They were full bellied and lightly fried. Our waitress was nice and patient with our large party. We also had a nice view of the water from the window. I'd go back, especially to get a plate of fried clams for myself.