“Beautiful setting, nice staff, but....”

Buffleheads Restaurant & Mkt
Ranked #6 of 87 Restaurants in Biddeford
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 30, 2013

The food was so close to being really good but seemed to lack the pop to go beyond average. For example, the sauces on our dishes all could have been lighter and really brightened up the taste of the rest of the ingredients. The view is just spectacular, but the restaurant could do with some light background music to help create an even nicer experience, as well as perhaps a bit of sprucing up the decor. We'll certainly try it again ordering other items to see if we can find items more to our taste.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Our food was simple, but good. My lobster roll was very good and not too heavily dressed. The best thing that I sampled were the fried clams. They were full bellied and lightly fried. Our waitress was nice and patient with our large party. We also had a nice view of the water from the window. I'd go back, especially to get a plate of fried clams for myself.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We've eaten at Buffleheads numerous times in the past and always enjoyed the experience. But 3 of us recently ate at Buffleheads, as always the staff was pleasant. This time unfortunately, the experience wasn't as good. 2 of us ordered fried foods which were either overcooked or the oil needed to be changed, the coating on the fried clams was too crispy. I ordered the buffleburger medium rare, it was more medium than rare. I have to say the most disturbing part of the restaurant is the flithy carpeting. I could see under the table legs across the room that the carpet at one time was a light gray but now it's so dirty it's almost black. The pink and green colors are so outdated, it needs a paint job to bring it into this decade. I could overlook the colors if the carpet was either cleaned or replaced with tile. Carpeting in a restaurant is a definite no no.

1  Thank hagmass
Reviewed October 3, 2012

We really enjoyed our drive from Kennebunkport to Biddeford Pool for an cozy homestyle dinner. In the fall, if you go on a Tuesday night they have several of their entrees on a "two-fer Tuesday" special for around $22.00 for the two dinners. But even without a special, the prices are fair, atmosphere is cozy, view is beautiful, portions generous and food is very good. The only improvement I see that they could make is that their bread is very ordinary. If they came up with yeast rolls, the meal really would be extremely good home cooking! Worth the pretty drive

Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stop here every year. They have good food that's not overpriced. My husband loves the sweet potatoe fries

Been to Buffleheads Restaurant & Mkt? Share your experiences!