“Over rated”

Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
“Over rated”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I had heard that Pizza by Alex was the greatest in the Biddeford area, so I tried it. I was disappointed at best. The crust was too greasy and tasteless, the hamburger on it was not fresh or they cooked the crap out of it before hand. I believe it was frozen bits of burger because all the pieces were too uniform in size not to be, had no flavor at all. The pepperoni was very tiny, not the normal size and it too was tasteless. I also had mushrooms on it and they were ok. All in all, I won't go back. I got severe heartburn from this pizza as well. That never happens to me. Thanks Alex, but no thanks.

• Visited December 2013

Woodstock, New York
“Not real pizza”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Was not like NY style pizza. Dough tasteless. Spinach pizza tastes like overcooked frozen spinach, not fresh. If you can find the cheese it doesn't taste like mozzarella. No fresh basil either. Sauce mediocre. Very popular with the locals but not for us.

Daytona Beach, Florida
“Wish there was one in Florida”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The Greek pizza was amazing. It is a little one the expensive side but it was worth it. I love the old sign that was outside of the building and the location was great.

Visited October 2013
Steilacoom, Washington, United States
“Best ever pizza”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have been eating at Alex's since 1965..It is a must when we come to Maine for the summer or any other time we are here. Our first meal is ALWAYS here. My sons are grown now, but they too have " grown up" with Alex's pizza. Some years ago Bob cooked the pizza only half-way ..I would carry it on the plane and cook it off when I got home ..the crust has always been a highlight for me..Now that Bob has retried, I hope it,never changes. So many people like me would be devastated.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Ruthie C
Scarborough, ME
“Comfort food”
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I have been here about 5 times over the past decade and each time I say I should go more often. It is just a bit too out of the way for me. They have all 10" individual pizza's & fountain soda's, nothing flashy, just savory comfort pizza. A bit expensive for the size but filling and tasty none the less. Well worth the trip!

• Visited July 2013