“Not real pizza” 2 of 5 bubbles

Pizza By Alex
Ranked #3 of 86 Restaurants in Biddeford
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Woodstock, New York
“Not real pizza”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Was not like NY style pizza. Dough tasteless. Spinach pizza tastes like overcooked frozen spinach, not fresh. If you can find the cheese it doesn't taste like mozzarella. No fresh basil either. Sauce mediocre. Very popular with the locals but not for us.

Daytona Beach, Florida
“Wish there was one in Florida”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

The Greek pizza was amazing. It is a little one the expensive side but it was worth it. I love the old sign that was outside of the building and the location was great.

Visited October 2013
Steilacoom, Washington, United States
“Best ever pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

I have been eating at Alex's since 1965..It is a must when we come to Maine for the summer or any other time we are here. Our first meal is ALWAYS here. My sons are grown now, but they too have " grown up" with Alex's pizza. Some years ago Bob cooked the pizza only half-way ..I would carry it on the plane and cook it off when I got home ..the crust has always been a highlight for me..Now that Bob has retried, I hope it,never changes. So many people like me would be devastated.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Ruthie C
Scarborough, ME
“Comfort food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

I have been here about 5 times over the past decade and each time I say I should go more often. It is just a bit too out of the way for me. They have all 10" individual pizza's & fountain soda's, nothing flashy, just savory comfort pizza. A bit expensive for the size but filling and tasty none the less. Well worth the trip!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Napa, California
“Salty and somewhat "weird" pizza.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Salty taste overwhelms every aspect of this pizza. Poor cheese flavor. Crust seems good though somewhat thin but doesn't salvage sauce and toppings. Only serve pizza here and locals think it's great. Guess I'm spoiled. Won't return no matter how much my relatives urge me to try again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Been to Pizza By Alex? Share your experiences!