Holiday Inn Express Biddeford
$79
Hotels.com
$119
Hampton.com
Norman's Motel(Old Orchard Beach)
$65
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewscomfort suitessmall poolpancake machinebreakfast roombreakfast barwould recommend this hotel to anyonecomfortable hotelhear everythingyogurtsitting areacheck in was quickdecent breakfastold orchard beachfront desk staffbeds were comfortablemicrowave and fridgeoff the highway
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Why we weren't advised that the hotel was under full (and major) renovation when enquiring, I do not know. Fortunately the young lady at reception assigned us a suite as far away as possible from the noise and clutter but the usual (and expected) coffee station and breakfast service was less than acceptable. Staff members struggled to do their best and one young man was particularly helpful when even luggage carts couldn't be found. His offer to help with our cases was made quickly, warmly and with a smile.

One of the benefits of staying with the chain is the included hot breakfast. We were booked in for 3 or 4 nights and sadly the hot breakfast offering was exactly the same each day. Such as it was, we carried ours back to our room because the tables were set up in the still under-construction lobby area.

When staff members were asked why the reno wasn't posted on their website the answer ranged from "It should have been" . . . "yes, a mistake" . . . to "it's not my job!"

This could be a pleasant property and no question some of the staff went out of their way, as interestingly did a couple of the men doing the renovation. One even apologized and said "next time you here, will look good". I'm sure it will but maybe it won't be on our list.

Room Tip: Hard to believe that the reno work will go past July but I would suggest checking. No matter the room location the amount of dust etc in the air made things uncomfortable. One staff member told me that she had never suffered from runny eyes until the work started.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This was my second stay in this hotel. There was trouble right from the start of this trip. While making my reservations, the agent I spoke with was extremely flustered and had to keep asking me the same questions over and over again.
The check - in process went smoothly (except that I was extremely disappointed that I was not placed close to my relatives - who also requested to be near my room).
Upon entering the room - I was (at first) very pleasantly surprised. The room looked nice, modern, spacious.
I soon discovered a beer bottle cap on the carpet near the refrigerator, a penny on the floor by the desk, and dirt on the carpet near the window.
That was not the worst -- the bedside phone was coated in grime. I do not understand how it could have been overlooked for so long -- this phone had not seen a clean rag in a very long time. Next to the telephone was the HBO guide listing; stuck to it was an old fruit (apple) sticker.
I did report to the front desk that this room should be inspected by management because there were some poor issues (hook in bathroom broken, etc) The front desk clerk apologized and said she would tell someone.
That was the end of it.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room NOT near the elevator or near the stairwells (VERY LOUD)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bstillitano
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Biddeford, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear bstillitano,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Please accept our sincerest apology for the room accommodations you received did not live up to your expectations and any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior and strive to be the best hotel around. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 2, 2013

This was our second stay at this place. In august, we had a good night's sleep and good service so we went back. That was on December 27th. See the other post by MrMouse32. EXACTLY the same situation. We were put on the 3rd floor and getting out of the elevator, you could see your breath. The floor in the bathroom was so cold we had to put on our shoes. We also complained to the manager who relocated us to the second floor (we checked in at 8 and by 9 we were one floor below the first room)... heat was on and we had a good night's sleep. We by-passed the breakfast so I can't rate that. But being a Gold Elite Member of Choice Hotels may have earned us some perks MrMouse didn't get. The temperature in that room must have been in the low 40s and full heat for over an hour did not change that.

Room Tip: Unless you are using the "sleep Management Program" at the local hospital that takes over one wing of the third floor, opt to for the first floor on cold nights! or bring your flannels!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear ValpoInd,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments regarding your stay with us. We always try our best to ensure we meet our guests needs & expectations and on this occasion we apologize for your disappointment with your room accommodation. Though this matter has been resolved in a timely manner, I regret this has negatively impacted your stay with us. Rest assured that we take all comments and suggestions to heart so that we can improve and provide the exceptional service that our guests expect and deserve.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Before I even checked in I had called to see if there were any attractions for the holidays that I should go and see while I was in town. I spoke to Nicole and she told me that she didn’t know of anything off the top of her head but would do some research and have it waiting for me when I checked in! Are you serious!? Talk about going above and beyond for the guests!

When I arrived to the hotel, everything was great! They were doing a Santa Event for kids and families with hot coca, popcorn, cotton candy, cookie decorating, a sleigh ride, and a visit from Santa! What a great way to get everyone in the holiday spirit!

The room was very clean and spacious and the staff was excellent! Breakfast was awesome and seemed to be a little better then other Choice Hotels that I've stayed in! I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ashlee N
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I had no problem checking in. I had no problem finding my room. I found my room to be clean. I also found my room to be very quiet. The front desk people were kind and helpfull. Parking was also close to the entrance as well. I also liked that the pillows and bed were clean and comfortable. I did notice that the bathroom floor was very much cold for first thing in the morning. The couch cushions could have been more neatly placed. I guess what upset me the most was that the Travel Channel would not come in on the TV as so I could watch one of my weekly programs. And I would think that if a channel should always come in at a hotel I would think it should be that type of channel. This was the third time I have stayed here, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business