“Comfortable.”

Holiday Inn Express Biddeford
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Biddeford
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I had no problem checking in. I had no problem finding my room. I found my room to be clean. I also found my room to be very quiet. The front desk people were kind and helpfull. Parking was also close to the entrance as well. I also liked that the pillows and bed were clean and comfortable. I did notice that the bathroom floor was very much cold for first thing in the morning. The couch cushions could have been more neatly placed. I guess what upset me the most was that the Travel Channel would not come in on the TV as so I could watch one of my weekly programs. And I would think that if a channel should always come in at a hotel I would think it should be that type of channel. This was the third time I have stayed here, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Frank G

Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

We chose to stay here instead of Portland because Portland was so expensive. It was an easy 30 minute drive to Portland and we enjoyed the scenery. After spending the day in Portland we actually preferred staying in this smaller town rather than busier Portland.

Our room here was large. Although the room itself was clean, the shower caulking had mold so obviously some attention needs to be paid to routine maintenance. The bed was comfortable and the shower nice. Free wi-fi worked well.

As with most hotels that offer free breakfast, the food isn't all that great but it was edible and one less meal you have to buy.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank TerreWheeks
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We understood this is a huge tourism area and hotels are higher priced but what a disappointment for our money. On the plus side - the front desk staff were quite friendly and helpful. And the room was a very nice size. Now to the negatives: the room smelled awful. Maybe old cigarette smell or mildew or something. It wasn't that clean. Bathroom counter hadn't been cleaned off for one and didn't feel like much had been done to room. Updating would also be nice.
Our room didn't have an iron and the hair dryer didn't work. Now back to the front desk - they were willing to bring us another iron but she was so busy that she didn't get to it for awhile. Finally we said nevermind and we'd wear things that didn't need ironing. She was willing to help though! And - when the hair dryer didn't work the next day - this new girl at the front desk quickly gave me a key to a nearby empty room to use that hair dryer.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Spent one night here due to doctors appointment in the morning. It is located in a Business Park close to a hospital. It was very clean, beds were comfortable, and perhaps because it was a corner room, very quiet for sleeping. The only suggestion I would make would be to change the drapes as one of them was very obviously torn (room 201). The complimentary breakfast was good and plentiful. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are very quiet and roomy.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Our room on the first floor smelled of cigars and smoke. Room 122. There were cigar wrappers under the bed. Supposed to be non smoking room. I informed the staff, and they replied they knew of this room, and that it did smell of cigars. Not ideal with 3 small children, one of whom has asthma! The staff couldn't have cared less. The bath tub drain did not work, so when I wanted to bath my kids, I had to run the water continuously so that my kids could have a few inches of water! Not happy with this place at all. Dirty is all I can say! Will never stay at this place or any other comfort for that matter. Switching chains after this experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank lisa h
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Very clean, excellent and helpful staff, great location....restaurants, and beach (about 5 miles). Indoor pool is great after spending day at the beach. Shopping malls within few miles and easy location off of Route 95/Maine Turnpike.

Room Tip: Day Manager, Tanya, very helpful and courteous.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We planned to stay at this location for 4 days and barely made it through one.

We checked in and got a room on the first floor. On entering, the room smelled very musty and moldy. We also found a pair of blue jeans on the table from a previous occupant. Not a good start. We asked for another room and were given a room on the second floor. On entering that room, there was no smell, but when we turned on the Air Conditioner, the room quickly filled with the mold/must smell. Luckily, the hot weather wasn't expected for another day or two and we were able to sleep with the window open.

The pool was over chlorinated and the kids could barely stand it.

We were able to find a MUCH better accommodation for the remaining days of our trip...and at a better price to boot!!!

I cannot recommend this hotel, not even for a day. There are simply too many options in the area to settle for this place. Don't stay here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank KentDisch
Also consider these accommodations in or near Biddeford
Hampton Inn Saco / Biddeford
Americas Best Value Inn Biddeford / Portland
Alouette Beach Resort
Alouette Beach Resort
#14 of 44 in Old Orchard Beach

Been to Holiday Inn Express Biddeford? Share your experiences!