“Very good stay”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Biddeford
Sidney ME
“Very good stay”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Spent one night here due to doctors appointment in the morning. It is located in a Business Park close to a hospital. It was very clean, beds were comfortable, and perhaps because it was a corner room, very quiet for sleeping. The only suggestion I would make would be to change the drapes as one of them was very obviously torn (room 201). The complimentary breakfast was good and plentiful. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are very quiet and roomy.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Our room on the first floor smelled of cigars and smoke. Room 122. There were cigar wrappers under the bed. Supposed to be non smoking room. I informed the staff, and they replied they knew of this room, and that it did smell of cigars. Not ideal with 3 small children, one of whom has asthma! The staff couldn't have cared less. The bath tub drain did not work, so when I wanted to bath my kids, I had to run the water continuously so that my kids could have a few inches of water! Not happy with this place at all. Dirty is all I can say! Will never stay at this place or any other comfort for that matter. Switching chains after this experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank lisa h
Little River, South Carolina
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Very clean, excellent and helpful staff, great location....restaurants, and beach (about 5 miles). Indoor pool is great after spending day at the beach. Shopping malls within few miles and easy location off of Route 95/Maine Turnpike.

Room Tip: Day Manager, Tanya, very helpful and courteous.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Sun Prairie, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We planned to stay at this location for 4 days and barely made it through one.

We checked in and got a room on the first floor. On entering, the room smelled very musty and moldy. We also found a pair of blue jeans on the table from a previous occupant. Not a good start. We asked for another room and were given a room on the second floor. On entering that room, there was no smell, but when we turned on the Air Conditioner, the room quickly filled with the mold/must smell. Luckily, the hot weather wasn't expected for another day or two and we were able to sleep with the window open.

The pool was over chlorinated and the kids could barely stand it.

We were able to find a MUCH better accommodation for the remaining days of our trip...and at a better price to boot!!!

I cannot recommend this hotel, not even for a day. There are simply too many options in the area to settle for this place. Don't stay here.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank KentDisch
Reviewed June 29, 2012

The room was magnificent. Large flat screen, clear tv. Comfortable bed. Spacious area. Sit down couch with coffee table. A WOW bathroom.. Great big jacuzzi tub shower. The staff treated us very well. Location is close to beach, but also close to major highways. Only downfall was that the pool was too chlorinated. Wouldn't go in 'cause I was afraid my skin would fall off :-)
Happy with stay- will come again.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank ft26
northern maine
Reviewed May 7, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Comfort Suites Biddeford after attending a wedding closeby. We found staff to be very pleasant and helpful. Rooms were immaculate and we could not ask for a cleaner or more spacious room. It was very quiet and relaxing. We did go downstairs for the continental breakfast the following morning and all looked very well laid out and plentiful, however, way too many kids trying to make toast, etc. Of course-no fault of the hotel but maybe a few more toasters would have been very nice!! I would not hesitate in staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dartmouth, Canada
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Let me just say, this hotel is great. It is in a great location, service is good, rooms are nice and clean; everything like that is absolutely great. Nothing bad about it. We came to do shopping in a different area, and since we've stayed here before, we thought we'd come and stay again. Like before, everything was completely fine. We mostly went out for the day and shopped, but we also took time to relax in the room.

One of the reasons this place is very good is because it has a pool. It is not a big pool, but it's good enough. I didn't have much time at the start of my stay to go in the pool, but I intended on using it the night before I would leave. It would be a good way to relax before a long trip home.

So, the my last day staying here, we left to go for some shopping in the morning, and we were greeted by the lobby floor flooded with water and screaming little girls in dripping bathing suits everywhere, after stepping out of an also water-covered elevator. There were also lots of little girls in the pool and others in the lobby. It seemed to be a birthday party. We went to go shopping, hoping that the party would be over soon so we could use the swimming pool.

When we got back, nothing had changed, except MORE water everywhere in the lobby and the elevator more wet with MORE little girls. Once again I hoped this would end soon.

When we were in our room, all you could hear was running and stomping above us and little wet girls running through the hallways with no supervision, being loud. Our room was right by the vending machines, so things were especially bad.

We went out to dinner; no change. This party seemed to never let up. No one had cleaned the floor; only a warning sign to say that the floor was wet.

When we got back, the water was still everywhere, but only some boys were in the pool. The girls were still being loud though, running around in pjs, going up and down stairs and going up and down the elevators, with no adults present.

I decided to put on my workout gear with my bathing suit on under so that if there were kids in the pool, I could just go work out instead. I went to check out the pool, but there were kids inside, so I didn't bother to go in. I went to the workout room instead. Looks like them little girls were in here too; water on the treadmill and on a seat. A safety hazard indeed. Since the pool became vacated when I was in the workout room, I decided to go in.

It was a nightmare.
The pool room had a terrible odor of sweaty little kids. There were towels everywhere; on the floor, on the chairs; everywhere. There were no clean towels left. The pool floor was covered in water, which is not really good. And the pool itself: absolutely discusting. Not even fit for going in. The water was murky and not even clear. There was something BROWN in the bottom! I don't even want to know! It was smelly and a mess. There were also coffee cups and drink cans just abandoned on the tables. Those kids were just plain discusting snobs! That was it. I was angry. And who did I see when I got to my door? Them little girls. I was so angry I just glared at them. And not a suprise, again they were there on their own. They were only like, 7 or 8 years old!

And then, I was so angry, I came here to write this review to let my anger out. It just ruined my whole trip. Now I have to drive 10 hours to get home, having to think about those little birthday party girls that ruined my trip while I waste a day in a car. Great way to end a vacation. NOT!

I guess I can't completely blame the staff at the hotel, the kids weren't their responsibility, but they could've cleaned up the lobby and pool area to let the guests that are staying here have a little more COMFORT. Or they could've even kicked out the kids, because their behaviour in the hotel was bad enough to. I'm sure other guests were disrupted too. Nobody else in my family staying with me were too disturbed by those kids so we didn't complain. But I am complaining now. I have a right too.

The hotel is a great place and I'd recommend it, though if possible, watch out for children. BIRTHDAY PARTY BEWARE! If you see a birthday party, run for your lives, or suffer the risk of becoming injured or having a terrible time.

I am very upset with my experience. Maybe I'll come back, but they better ran that pool!

• Stayed March 2012
23 Thank TheTannerRabbit
Also consider these accommodations in or near Biddeford
Hampton Inn Saco / Biddeford
Exit 5 Motel and Cottages
Rodeway Inn Saco
Rodeway Inn Saco
#6 of 10 in Saco
Hampton Inn Kennebunk Kennebunkport
Ramada Saco/Old Orchard Beach Area
Americas Best Value Inn Biddeford / Portland

Been to Holiday Inn Express Biddeford? Share your experiences!